12.13.2004

Vinography in Bon Appetit

I was quite surprised and pleased to learn to today that Vinography was featured in the January issue of Bon Appetit Magazine that hits newsstands today. The issue is about what's hot and new in the food and entertaining world, and apparently food blogs are "all the rage." Along with yours truly, the magazine mentioned Saute Wednesday, SliceNY, The Food Section, and Grocerylists.Org. If someone had but bothered to ask, I could have pointed them to several others of high quality (see my links to the lower left on the front page), but I'm certainly not complaining. I'd like to extend a particular welcome to Bon Appetit readers. Enjoy!

For those who do have not and might not pick up the magazine, here's a
scan of the article.

Rich wrote:
12.13.04 at 6:54 PM

Congrats Alder. Your work is well worth the nod from bon appetit. A good role model for us start-up wine/food bloggers!

Nino wrote:
12.14.04 at 7:33 AM

Very cool. Congrats on the nod from mainstream press.

Ryan wrote:
12.14.04 at 7:47 AM

That's very cool - I'm happy to see a mainstream magazine like Bon Appetit taking an intrest in those of us online... you're site is among the best of the best, its no wonder they included Vinography =)

Lenn wrote:
12.14.04 at 11:22 AM

Alder...congrats again. I think this is the start of a trend...or at least I hope it is.

Your blog is what LENNDEVOURS wants to be when it grows up...

Fatemeh wrote:
12.14.04 at 5:22 PM

Excellent, and congratulations!

So nice that bloggers are actually getting a bit of solid exposure - makes reviews of all things food & wine much more enjoyable and believable.

Tony wrote:
12.15.04 at 8:51 AM

Keep it going, Alder. Congratulations on the job well done!

Linda wrote:
12.15.04 at 5:32 PM

Congratulations! This is well-deserved!

MLE wrote:
12.16.04 at 12:57 PM

The new BA came yesterday. My wife was thumbing through it while I was cooking dinner:

"Oh, please," she said. "What?" "An article about food blogs! What kind of geek reads about food and wine on-line?"

"Um," I said. "I think my glass is empty..."

Not everyone gets it, apparently, but I'm a big fan. Keep up the excellent work, Alder.

12.16.04 at 2:25 PM

Thanks for the excellent laugh. And thanks for reading! It will just be our little secret.

Alder

david wrote:
12.18.04 at 4:24 PM

Wow Alder, congrats! that is big news. well deserved, i might add...

Elissa wrote:
01.03.05 at 8:52 PM

Well deserved indeed.
And I agree with Ryan....defintely among the best of the best. ;)

pete wrote:
01.18.05 at 6:29 AM

Congratulations, Alder! Certainly the "geek" part is right! You've got too much time on your hands.

Vinography Images: Swift Work Social Media Answers the Question: Where Did Australian Wine Go Wrong Hourglass, Napa Valley: Current and Upcoming Releases Drought Problems? Just Have an Earthquake Vinography Images: Just One Vinography Unboxed: Week of September 1, 2014 Earthquake Rattles Napa Harvest NIMBY Versus Vineyard in Malibu Vinography Images: Precious Droplets MORIC: The Apogee of Blaufränkisch