It's amazing to me that we've now been hosting monthly online wine tastings for a full year, but here we are at Wine Blogging Wednesday #12. Hosted by its founder, Lenn Thompson, this month's theme is "local." Specifically, anyone who wants to participate needs to simply find the winery closest to their house, and review one of their wines.
Even though I'm smack dab in the center of San Francisco, I think I can find a winery that is within 2 miles of my front door. Can you guess which one? If not, come back on August 10th to check out my review and share yours.
For those who may not be familiar with the way Wine Blogging Wednesday works, here's the scoop:
1. Purchase a wine that matches the theme.
2. Drink it, review it, photograph it, and even research it if you like.
3. Write up your thoughts including your tasting notes and score for the wine (if appropriate) along with the price and where you got it.
4. Post your review online somewhere (or ask the host to post them for you) on the appointed day (in this case, Wednesday August 10th).
5. Send the host an e-mail or a trackback ping to let them know that
your review is up.
2013 Rhone Rangers Tasting: March 23, San Francisco Vinography Unboxed: Week of March 10, 2013 Bilancia Wines, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand: Current Releases Vinography Images: Across the Valley Drinking Off the Grid Vinography Images: Behind the Gate Vinography Unboxed: Week of February 24, 2013 The Best of Napa's 2011 Cabernets: Tasting at Premiere Napa Valley Great Dirt is Not Sentimental: Ted Lemon on Terroir Vinography Images: Vineyard Bowl
Masuizumi Junmai Daiginjo, Toyama Prefecture Wine.Com Gives Retailers (and Consumers) the Finger 1961 Hospices de Beaune Emile Chandesais, Burgundy Wine Over Time The Better Half of My Palate 1999 KirÃ¡lyudvar "Lapis" Tokaji Furmint, Hungary What's Allowed in Your Wine and Winemaking Why Community Tasting Notes Sites Will Fail Appreciating Wine in Context The Soul vs. The Market 1989 Fiorano Botte 48 Semillion,Italy