It's amazing to me that we've now been hosting monthly online wine tastings for a full year, but here we are at Wine Blogging Wednesday #12. Hosted by its founder, Lenn Thompson, this month's theme is "local." Specifically, anyone who wants to participate needs to simply find the winery closest to their house, and review one of their wines.
Even though I'm smack dab in the center of San Francisco, I think I can find a winery that is within 2 miles of my front door. Can you guess which one? If not, come back on August 10th to check out my review and share yours.
For those who may not be familiar with the way Wine Blogging Wednesday works, here's the scoop:
1. Purchase a wine that matches the theme.
2. Drink it, review it, photograph it, and even research it if you like.
3. Write up your thoughts including your tasting notes and score for the wine (if appropriate) along with the price and where you got it.
4. Post your review online somewhere (or ask the host to post them for you) on the appointed day (in this case, Wednesday August 10th).
5. Send the host an e-mail or a trackback ping to let them know that
your review is up.
A wine book like no other. Photographs, essays, and wine recommendations. Learn more.
Vinography Images: Into the Tank 72 Pinot Noirs on a Sunny Afternoon: Tasting at IPNC 2014 The Great White South: An Introduction to Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Vinography Images: Along the Row Time For The World's Best Prison Wine Coastal Diamonds: The Rieslings of Oregon Vinography Images: The Red Window Taking Celebrity Wine to the Next Level Vinography Images: The Blue Berry 2014 Family Winemakers Tasting: August 17, San Mateo
Masuizumi Junmai Daiginjo, Toyama Prefecture Wine.Com Gives Retailers (and Consumers) the Finger 1961 Hospices de Beaune Emile Chandesais, Burgundy Wine Over Time The Better Half of My Palate 1999 KirÃ¡lyudvar "Lapis" Tokaji Furmint, Hungary What's Allowed in Your Wine and Winemaking Why Community Tasting Notes Sites Will Fail Appreciating Wine in Context The Soul vs. The Market 1989 Fiorano Botte 48 Semillion,Italy