01.20.2004

1998 Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay - Margaret River

I've had a fondness in my heart for Australian Chardonnays since the first time I visited Tyrrell's winery and had their Vat 47 Chardonnay, which is a lovely, un-oaked, crisp mouthful of sunshine. Indeed, that wine has been one of my gold standards for Chardonnays.

Until last night.

A friend and client of mine took me out to Sushi Ran in Sausalito, and we packed a couple of wines along, including the Leeuwin.

Tasting Notes:
This wine was simply stellar in every sense of the word. The nose was bursting with gorgeous aromas of pineapple, clean and clear as its golden straw color. On the toungue, the pinapple continued, and mixed with honey white peaches and roses. I thought I could taste the buttery hints of some malolactic fermentation, but they were not tied to heavy oak as they are in so many "expensive" chardonnays these days. The wine was extremely well balanced.

Food Pairing:
The wine went perfectly with a spider roll and some white tuna nigiri.

Overall score: 10

How much?: $65

Did I mention, "WOW?" You can pick up more recent vintages at various places around the web, including at Porthos, where I got mine.

07.22.14 at 11:32 PM

of course like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I'll definitely come again again.

07.23.14 at 2:24 AM

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how concerning unpredicted feelings.

read here wrote:
07.23.14 at 2:52 AM

Excellent post however , I was wanting to know if you could write
a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Kudos!

07.23.14 at 10:20 AM

whoah this weblog is great i like studying your posts. Keep up the great work!
You already know, a lot of persons are hunting round for this information, you could help them greatly.

07.23.14 at 1:49 PM

Hello to all, for the reason that I am really eager of reading this web site's
post to be updated on a regular basis. It includes pleasant stuff.

07.23.14 at 4:46 PM

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?

07.23.14 at 5:57 PM

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site.

It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable
for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a
designer to create your theme? Great work!

07.24.14 at 4:42 AM

Travelling can be very stressful, doubly so if your transgender.

Full-service online travel agencies should compile that same information and present it
to you when you are in the process of making a
decision. They have had clients from all over the
world including: the United States, Great Britain, Canada Australia,
and New Zealand.

2014 Family Winemakers Tasting: August 17, San Mateo Will Climate Change be the Death of Cork? The King of Zweigelt: The Wines of Umathum, Burgenland Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 14, 2014 Vinography Images: Solar Powered Dot Wine and the Fear of Change Annual Napa Wine Library Tasting: August 10, Napa Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 7, 2014 Vinography Images: The Berry 2014 West Sonoma Coast Wine Festival: August 2-3, Sebastopol, CA