01.20.2004

1998 Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay - Margaret River

I've had a fondness in my heart for Australian Chardonnays since the first time I visited Tyrrell's winery and had their Vat 47 Chardonnay, which is a lovely, un-oaked, crisp mouthful of sunshine. Indeed, that wine has been one of my gold standards for Chardonnays.

Until last night.

A friend and client of mine took me out to Sushi Ran in Sausalito, and we packed a couple of wines along, including the Leeuwin.

Tasting Notes:
This wine was simply stellar in every sense of the word. The nose was bursting with gorgeous aromas of pineapple, clean and clear as its golden straw color. On the toungue, the pinapple continued, and mixed with honey white peaches and roses. I thought I could taste the buttery hints of some malolactic fermentation, but they were not tied to heavy oak as they are in so many "expensive" chardonnays these days. The wine was extremely well balanced.

Food Pairing:
The wine went perfectly with a spider roll and some white tuna nigiri.

Overall score: 10

How much?: $65

Did I mention, "WOW?" You can pick up more recent vintages at various places around the web, including at Porthos, where I got mine.

08.21.14 at 10:09 AM

On another hand, plants are competent at experiencing many higher emotions so on of which we animals could
scarcely conceive. Moving into an altered state of consciousness can be achieved gently, by way of example by going in forests, woodlands,
or even a park; and walk at a slow and steady pace.
If you harvest the best part from the rhubarb inside the right season, but serve it raw
as an alternative to cooked, it would be unpalatable.
The Acai berry has become very popular, especially with a new study showing which it
is one in the most important super foods available.

08.21.14 at 12:03 PM

An ad title of "Looking for Someone to Love" will
be more apt to get passed over by your target audience than an ad that says "Affectionate 40+ Woman Seeks Same. Almost 60% of the caregiving aid is to help you with one or more of your activities of daily living. Recognize intellectually that your physical appearance will probably change after a cancer diagnosis.

08.21.14 at 4:19 PM

I'm now not certain the place you are getting your info,
but great topic. I must spend some time studying much more
or working out more. Thank you for magnificent information I was in search
of this information for my mission.

Royal wrote:
08.21.14 at 9:13 PM

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've be mindful your stuff prior to and you are just extremely magnificent.
I actually like what you've acquired right here,
certainly like what you're saying and the best way by which you
assert it. You make it entertaining and you still
take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much
more from you. This is really a tremendous site.

08.22.14 at 2:34 AM

great submit, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this
sector don't realize this. You should proceed
your writing. I'm confident, you've a huge readers' base already!

08.22.14 at 2:51 AM

Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web page,
and your views are fastidious designed for new
visitors.

08.22.14 at 5:37 AM

Hi there, I check your blog daily. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!

08.22.14 at 8:06 AM

This handy feature has allowed residents to leave the house for weeks on end and never give
any thought to the lawn or landscape during their absence.
Purchase produce from your local farmers market and buy locally raised,
organic meat, eggs, and dairy. The positioning of your irrigation systems Mc - Kinney TX is also pertinent to conserving
water. water just comes out at a drip instead of a spray or a stream.
The main purpose of sprinkler systems is irrigation.

MORIC: The Apogee of Blaufränkisch 2014 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend: August 29-21, Healdsburg, CA The (Still) Dismal State of California Chardonnay What a Way to Go: Wine At the End of Your Life Vinography Images: Into the Tank 72 Pinot Noirs on a Sunny Afternoon: Tasting at IPNC 2014 The Great White South: An Introduction to Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Vinography Images: Along the Row Time For The World's Best Prison Wine Coastal Diamonds: The Rieslings of Oregon