04.01.2005

The Future Of Dining: No Food, Only Scents

For those that have seen and experienced everything comes the latest innovation in dining experiences. Forget architectural food, that's so 1990. Forget molecular gastronomy and inkjet printed food. That's so 2004. Ready yourself for a meal comprised purely of smells. Wine aficionados may perhaps be able to appreciate it most. Why chew when you can inhale? A recently opened restaurant in Washington, DC offers just that. 9 courses of pure scents with coffee bean "palate cleansers" in between for $65.

Read the review here.

Patrick Barnette wrote:
04.01.05 at 9:05 AM

What will they think of next. Maybe I'll pull out the wine scent kit tonight for "dinner" and see what my wife says...

Thanks for the link, I needed a good laugh.

Steve-o wrote:
04.01.05 at 9:21 AM

(checks his calendar)

Whew.

Patrick Barnette wrote:
04.01.05 at 9:24 AM

Yeah, I didn't remember to check the calendar until after posting here and sending the link to my friends. Is gullible in the dictionary?

Steve-o wrote:
04.01.05 at 9:34 AM

Heh, don't feel bad - I got burned earlier this morning (being in New York, I had a few hour head start on many of this blog's regular visitors) and have been in hyper-skeptical mode ever since.

04.01.05 at 9:41 AM

Hey folks, welcome to April! Glad this one was entertaining. I hope no one has suffered any major blows to the ego as a result.

Fatemeh wrote:
04.01.05 at 12:03 PM

Fabulous!!

And what a great name they gave it... "Perdu".

Love it.

Tim Elliott wrote:
04.01.05 at 12:15 PM

Bravo! I was right with you until my high school French kicked in and I realized Perdu means "lost".

Stellah wrote:
04.01.05 at 4:33 PM

HA, that is the best one I've seen all day, thank you Alder you clever thing :)

Vinography Images: Into the Tank 72 Pinot Noirs on a Sunny Afternoon: Tasting at IPNC 2014 The Great White South: An Introduction to Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Vinography Images: Along the Row Time For The World's Best Prison Wine Coastal Diamonds: The Rieslings of Oregon Vinography Images: The Red Window Taking Celebrity Wine to the Next Level Vinography Images: The Blue Berry 2014 Family Winemakers Tasting: August 17, San Mateo