06.03.2005

Taste of New Zealand on Wednesday June 8th

I'm a member of the Museum of Modern Art here in San Francisco, but every six months or so, I have even more of a reason to go visit. Next Wednesday, June 8th, the museum again plays host to Taste of New Zealand, a wine tasting of over 50 New Zealand wineries paired with hors d¹oeuvres and the option of a special tasting of Sauvignon Blancs with a neverending supply of oysters courtesy of our local Hog Island Oyster company. The best thing about this event is that in addition to being about publicity for these winemakers, it's a fundraiser for charity.

Learn about the charity and purchase tickets to the event at the Taproot Foundation.

Taste of New Zealand
Wednesday June 8th, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Museum of Modern Art
151 Third Street (between Mission and Howard Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94103-3159

Tickets: $45 for general tasting, $100 for special oysters and Sauvignon Blanc tasting.

sam wrote:
06.04.05 at 10:48 AM

don't forget it's the day for white pinots.
do they have those in New Zealand?

Chas wrote:
06.04.05 at 5:53 PM

Sam, yes, they do have white pinots. Although I have yet to find them here in Austin. When I was in the Central Otago region on the south island of NZ early in the year I found several white pinots. (Pinot Gris). While I don't have great notes, I do recall liking one from Akarua.

Bradley wrote:
06.06.05 at 7:32 PM

The Akarua wines are uniformly great. Much of that must be attributed to wine maker Jacqueline Kemp. She is an accomplished artisan.

Barbara wrote:
06.08.05 at 4:18 AM

I second the comments about Akarua and Jaqueline Kemp.

Mark wrote:
09.13.05 at 12:29 AM

I third them :) I was down in Central a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed most of the Akarua wines. Brought so much I couldn't get all back on the plane.

09.14.05 at 9:49 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the comment. I have yet to taste them :-(

Tallying the Damage from the Napa Quake Vinography Images: A Sea of Blue Vinography Unboxed: Week of September 14, 2014 The Taste of Something New: Introducing Solminer Wines Vinography Images: Swift Work Social Media Answers the Question: Where Did Australian Wine Go Wrong Hourglass, Napa Valley: Current and Upcoming Releases Drought Problems? Just Have an Earthquake Vinography Images: Just One Vinography Unboxed: Week of September 1, 2014