07.25.2005

Please Welcome Steve Edmunds

Dear readers, I am pleased to announce the addition of a new voice to Vinography. Steve Edmunds, proprietor and winemaker at Edmunds St. John winery in Berkeley will be a regular contributor to Vinography moving forward. Steve will be writing about his relationship with wine, his adventures in winemaking, and the unique perspectives he has on the mingling of his business, his life's work, and his passions.

I hope you'll give Steve a warm welcome, and I hope you enjoy his writing as much as I do.

Here is the official press release:

For Immediate Release: July 25, 2005

WINEMAKER STEVE EDMUNDS JOINING VINOGRAPHY.COM

Edmunds St. John proprietor to be a regular
contributor of essays on wine and winemaking

San Francisco, Calif: Vinography.com, the world's leading wine blog, will now regularly feature the writings of winemaker Steve Edmunds of Edmunds St. John winery in Berkeley, California. The addition of Edmunds' writings about his experiences as a winemaker and wine lover firmly establishes Vinography.Com as the leading source for passionate new voices in the independent wine press.

Edmunds, in addition to being a full time winemaker, is an essayist, poet, and songwriter who, several years ago released a CD of his songs entitled Lonesome On The Ground. A self-taught vintner, Edmunds has generated a cult following for his high-scoring wines despite deliberate attempts to avoid courting the consumer market or the critics.

An Alternative Voice in the World of Wine
"As a winemaker I believe in letting the grapes tell their own story of who they are, and where and when they grew, which to me means not deciding ahead of time how the wine is going to taste," said Edmunds. "I take a similar approach to my writing about wine; it involves not only being moved (or not) by the wines I drink, but trying to find a way to let some facet of the experience express itself in words, in a way that may offer the reader a way of thinking about that experience differently from what one usually encounters in wine-tasting notes. Vinography provides an opportunity to speak about wine outside the conventions of traditional media outlets and to an audience focused on the stories behind the wine."

"The first time I read Steve's writing on wine, I knew I had met a kindred spirit," noted Vinography founder and editor, Alder Yarrow. "He writes with a passion and a clarity that is so rare in the wine world. Even if you know nothing about wine, reading Steve's work brings you close to the magic and the mystery that motivate winemakers and wine drinkers alike."

Edmunds will be a regular contributor to Vinography.Com, which will feature highlights from his collection of essays and newsletters as well as new work on an ongoing basis.

Vinography.Com is the leading wine blog on the Internet. Founded in 2004 by Alder Yarrow, it provides wine and restaurant reviews, essays on wine, and wine news on a daily basis to thousands of readers around the world. The recipient of the 2004 Food Blogging Award for Best Wine & Spirits Blog, Vinography is dedicated to providing a new kind of voice in the wine press.

Steve Edmunds is the proprietor and winemaker of Edmunds St. John winery in Berkeley, CA. Founded in 1985, Edmunds St. John produces small quantities of hand-crafted wines including Pinot Grigio, Roussanne, Gamay Noir, Syrah, and several white and red Rhone style blends.

# # #

Contact:
Alder Yarrow, Vinography.Com
415.730.3209 or [email protected]

Terry Hughes wrote:
07.25.05 at 6:25 PM

Alder, great press release and great addition to your empire! Good luck and success to both of you.

Terry

Lenn wrote:
07.25.05 at 6:50 PM

Alder...Terry said it perfectly...great release and a great addition.

Steve...I look forward to your contributions. It's great to have you "on board" in the wine blogging world. Cheers!

Bradley wrote:
07.25.05 at 7:15 PM

I'll look forward to Steve's contributions. What kind of a schedule or format can we expect?

07.25.05 at 9:27 PM

Thanks Brad,

Steve and I have discussed monthly contributions to start, but we'll see where it goes.

07.26.05 at 9:46 AM

This is great news! Steve is an excellent writer and talented winemaker. He is a walking encyclopedia and has taught me a great deal about Rhone varietals.

Steve's insight and experience will be a wonderful addition to an already great site.

Congrats,
Sasha

Doug wrote:
07.26.05 at 7:35 PM

Sorry for the late welcome, looking forward to reading more...

All the best

09.18.14 at 12:08 PM

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go
back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

09.20.14 at 8:14 AM

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get
setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost
a pretty penny? I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

09.21.14 at 10:46 AM

Excellent way of describing, and good post to take facts about my presentation subject,
which i am going to convey in university.