07.13.2005

Watch Out Stoli, Here Comes Priorat

If I had to place Russia as the next likeliest big market for wine, I probably would have placed it pretty far down on the list, in the company of Iraq, Egypt, and Malaysia. Yet here's an interesting piece about how wine consumption in Russia is climbing at a rate approaching 25% per year. Which is, incidentally, the same growth rate as India, which has no competing national drink. Spain, for one, is getting in on the action. Rising incomes and the near death of any shred of local wine industry are driving people to seek out foreign wines.

Will wine ever really compete with the beloved and ubiquitous vodka? Who knows. But if I were a big wine company, I'd be working on a sympatichna sequel to Red Bicyclette. Maybe they could call it Red Square.

KD wrote:
07.14.05 at 3:00 AM

Hi, I am from India and I would like to metion here that India is also a very large emerging market. The number of people moving into having wines is increasing by the day especially so in the tier-1 cities. Also we have some local wines which are slowly but surely learning the tricks of the trade.

07.14.05 at 8:04 AM

Kedar,

Thanks for your comment. I am watching the Indian wine market with interest. I think it may be a very dynamic new frontier of winemaking in the coming decades.

08.21.14 at 11:20 AM

I take pleasure in, cause I discovered just what I used to
be having a look for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt!

God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

08.21.14 at 11:39 AM

Your means of describing all in this paragraph is actually fastidious,
all can without difficulty understand it, Thanks a lot.

somer wrote:
08.21.14 at 1:33 PM

I've learn several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how a lot effort you put to make such a magnificent
informative site.

May I just say what a comfort to discover someone who truly knows what they are
tslking about online. You definitely know how to bring
a prblem to light and make it important. A lot more people need to read tnis
and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you're not more popular because you certainly have the gift.

08.21.14 at 5:28 PM

Just nnot as much ?s iit m?y hav?, yyou know,
three seqsons ago. As he is also the Presidrnt of tthe Japan Origami Airplane Association, ?e apparentl? decided t? m?ke a r?n aat 27.
t Believe the Truth, Coldolay X&Y, White Stripes ?et Behind Me Satan, Editors The B?ck
Ro?m, Kanye West Late Registration, Pussycat Dolls PCD,
Sigor Ros Takk.

Gym Workout wrote:
08.21.14 at 7:43 PM

The compact design allows it to be used in the home or apartment without taking up a lot of living space.
You need to perform the workout for the whole body.
Not only are they expensive, they can also be
inconvenient.

MORIC: The Apogee of Blaufränkisch 2014 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend: August 29-21, Healdsburg, CA The (Still) Dismal State of California Chardonnay What a Way to Go: Wine At the End of Your Life Vinography Images: Into the Tank 72 Pinot Noirs on a Sunny Afternoon: Tasting at IPNC 2014 The Great White South: An Introduction to Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Vinography Images: Along the Row Time For The World's Best Prison Wine Coastal Diamonds: The Rieslings of Oregon