07.13.2005

Watch Out Stoli, Here Comes Priorat

If I had to place Russia as the next likeliest big market for wine, I probably would have placed it pretty far down on the list, in the company of Iraq, Egypt, and Malaysia. Yet here's an interesting piece about how wine consumption in Russia is climbing at a rate approaching 25% per year. Which is, incidentally, the same growth rate as India, which has no competing national drink. Spain, for one, is getting in on the action. Rising incomes and the near death of any shred of local wine industry are driving people to seek out foreign wines.

Will wine ever really compete with the beloved and ubiquitous vodka? Who knows. But if I were a big wine company, I'd be working on a sympatichna sequel to Red Bicyclette. Maybe they could call it Red Square.

KD wrote:
07.14.05 at 3:00 AM

Hi, I am from India and I would like to metion here that India is also a very large emerging market. The number of people moving into having wines is increasing by the day especially so in the tier-1 cities. Also we have some local wines which are slowly but surely learning the tricks of the trade.

07.14.05 at 8:04 AM

Kedar,

Thanks for your comment. I am watching the Indian wine market with interest. I think it may be a very dynamic new frontier of winemaking in the coming decades.

10.24.14 at 10:21 AM

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome,
great written and include almost all vital infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's
new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

Maryjo wrote:
10.24.14 at 4:07 PM

Really like each of these steam showers

10.25.14 at 8:15 AM

Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this piece of writing
i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible post.

10.25.14 at 9:41 AM

exe file in my documents, but I get this errr screen:.
You'll find sufficient Flash based games that offer fun and rich graphic expertise.
The site also offers free memberships; however these members aren't allowed too participate in cash competitions.

Vinography Images: Divine Droplets Bay Area Bordeaux: Tasting Santa Cruz Mountain Cabernets US 2014 Vintage - Early, Fast, Eventful Vinography Images: Big Shadow Come Explore The Essence of Wine with Me in Healdsburg: October 30th, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 5, 2014 Another Idiotic California Law Screws Wineries Vinography Images: Vineyard Reflections The Fake Tongue Illusion and Wine Tasting 2014 Wine & Spirits Top 100 Tasting: October 21, San Francisco