01.05.2006

How Much Do You Like Vinography?

I'm pleased to announce that Vinography is one of the finalists for the 2006 Food Blogging Awards. Vinography was nominated in the category of "Best Wine, Beer, & Spirits Blog." It is an honor to be nominated for a second year in this category, considering that in the time since that first nomination, easily 100 new wine blogs have been started all around the world, probably more. The voting on this award has started and will run through January 18th. If you enjoy what you read here, I'd like to humbly ask for your vote. At the very least you should check out the other nominees both in my category as well as elsewhere. The quality of blogs that have been nominated is very high.

Thanks for your support.

Vote Here.

Jean-Louis wrote:
01.05.06 at 5:14 PM

Well... I voted for you with both hands right off. I would vote more often but suspect they would pin it on you. Not a good outcome. Still, I am doubtful the award will add a whole lot to your fame, considering that AH's readers have voted to place Ehtiopian food at the top of what they want to know... Maybe a post on matching that food with some obscure wine (Gruner Vetliner?...)would help? And Chez Pim is not even mentioned as a suitable candidate, except for an entry re: truffle expedition in Monaco, which was not even close to her best post.

Bonne chance all the same.

Jean-Louis

Randy wrote:
01.05.06 at 6:07 PM

I voted for you with both feet but it seems the polling app knows who I am so I can't stuff the ballot box. I didn't want Mark Fermen to feel bad and I would have voted for him too but too late, I shot my voting wad. Your both great so the main thing is to get rid of the beer guys, right? MONDO VINO!

Tim wrote:
01.05.06 at 7:48 PM

You are the gold standard in wine blogs, Alder, and received my vote. Cheers!

Lenn wrote:
01.05.06 at 7:53 PM

Congrats on the nomination, Alder. And while I fear I'll probably be squashed by the juggernaut that is Vinography, it is, as you say, an honor to be nominated for a second straight year. With all the new blogs in the category, it's great to know that we're both still considered among the best.

Cheers.

Iris wrote:
01.06.06 at 12:37 AM

You got my vote, Alder, for all the pleasure and good information I found on your blog during the last 3 months. Kindest regards from "abroad"
Iris

Terry Hughes wrote:
01.06.06 at 3:47 AM

It was a hard choice, Alder, but I had to vote for you, too. Vinography combines reviews and tasting reports, commentary and "controversies" in a balanced and deeply informative way. You da man.

01.06.06 at 9:47 AM

Iris, Terry, thanks very much for your support and continued readership !

Joyce wrote:
01.06.06 at 7:46 PM

Alder,

Who are you? I really like your site. I am working on starting a wine related website of my own with a very unique concept that I think you and some of your readers will like. In the process of my research I have found you and I think this is a great site. Visually clean and simple, good topics etc. I've been in the wine biz for 15 years and I find the comments and thoughts here intelligent and refreshing. Curious to know more about you and your philiosophy . . . I don't see an "about us" section . . care to share?

01.08.06 at 11:05 AM

Joyce,

So far I've deliberately tried to keep Vinography from being much about me and to let the content speak for itself. Over the course of the last two years I've been featured in several news items and interviews so i'd point you to those for information about who I am and what my story is:

01.10.06 at 1:58 AM

One (more) vote from Italy, too.
Ciao Alder!
Giampiero

Cheap Dave wrote:
01.13.06 at 10:34 AM

You got my vote man- Keep up the good work. I check your site daily, and love it!

Catie wrote:
01.24.06 at 10:51 AM

Congratulations! A well deserved honor.
~C

jwmgztlllxm wrote:
09.27.12 at 3:02 AM
10.18.14 at 12:23 AM

What in the name of the mother of a guy named Pete did I ever do to
Old Man Winter and Mother Nature to make them hate me so much.
And I hadn't even gone three feet into the driveway.
While plowing effectively cleared roadways it blocked the sidewalks
and side roads that pedestrians used to travel on.

10.18.14 at 3:39 AM

hi!,I really like your writing so so much! share we communicate
extra approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to unravel my problem.

Maybe that is you! Having a look ahead to look you.

10.18.14 at 4:49 AM

of torque mated to a Hydra - Matic 6T40 6-speed automatic
transmission. Although this isn't a necessary factor, it can offer you peace of mind moving forward with a vehicle.
sselsheim, it's sold in Europe as the Opel Mokka
(as in coffee) and the UK as the near identical Vauxhall Mokka.

10.18.14 at 5:15 AM

The salesman-slash-owner assured me it was not being over-used and that it was
the correct model that HE sold me to perform the job that I needed.
they eventually turn up in my ODDBALL COMICS feature,
'. First of all, very few trappers can make a living, with fur,
after all expenses are taken care of.

10.18.14 at 6:26 PM

The Volkswagen Tiguan, first introduced in mid-2008, is viewed
as a premium compact SUV, fitting in somewhere between regular compact SUVs and luxury SUVs.
Have a look at out speed challenges like the all-new Lamborghini Aventador.
That higher view of the road isn't sacrificed for poor handling though.

The salesman-slash-owner assured me it was not being
over-used and that it was the correct model that
HE sold me to perform the job that I needed. Or at least that's what Bill - Clinton says--and he is,
after all, the President ofthe United States. The weekly chart indicates a bearish posture (down Arrow) with the MACD positive but weakening, and the Stochastic moving down at the midpoint.