01.23.2006

Vinography Wins 2005 Food Blogging Award

I'm thrilled and humbled that Vinography has won Best Blog Covering Wine, Beer, and Spirits for the second year running at the 2005 Food Blogging Awards. The winners were announced a couple of hours ago in all categories.

I'd like to thank you, readers, for your votes. I get to interact with some of you through your comments here and the e-mails you send me, but I know that there are thousands more of you out there, and I'd like to thank you all for your readership, which inspires me to keep writing.

I'd also like to extend a hearty congratulations to the other blogs that were nominated for this award this year: Fermentation, A Good Beer Blog, Lenn Devours, and The Scotch Blog. They are each excellent, dedicated blogs that deserve your readership.

In particular, I'd like to especially recognize Tom Wark's Fermentation, which has simply exploded with excellent content in the past year, and is now MY favorite wine blog. Great job, Tom.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Doug wrote:
01.23.06 at 2:25 PM

Well deserved! Thank you for all your work - it's obviously a labor of love.

Mike wrote:
01.23.06 at 2:43 PM

Let me be in the front of all the well deserved compliments you will receive.

Kristinn wrote:
01.23.06 at 3:20 PM

Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog a lot, the only problem being that very little of the wine you taste is available in Iceland! My ToDrink list for my USA visit is getting longer and longer.

01.23.06 at 3:53 PM

Congratulations!
I was very happy to be nominated. It's nice that all of our work is appreciated!
Keep up the good work!
----------------
Kevin Erskine
Author of "The Instant Expert's Guide to Single Malt Scotch"
The Scotch Blog - www.thescotchblog.com
Whisky 101 - www.whisky101.com

01.23.06 at 4:34 PM

Thanks Kevin.

Keep up the good work. Eventually I may get around to developing a taste for scotch, and when I do, I'll know where to go first !

Lenn wrote:
01.23.06 at 6:02 PM

A well-earned winner yet again! It's hard for any of us to unseat the juggernaut that is vinography...but it's hard to deny the excellence.

I voted for Tom, myself...his is my favorite right now as well. It's the first blog I read in the morning when I get to work.

Sadly...for some reason...my company firewall has started to BLOCK vinography...so I have to read that at home!

Congrats again...and I look forward to meeting you at some point this year...somehow...some way.

01.23.06 at 7:46 PM

Alder, please accept my sincerest congratulations; your recognition is well-deserved. I also thank you for the sincerity and passion you communicate through your words. Bravissimo.

Jerry Hall wrote:
01.23.06 at 11:07 PM

Great news for Vinography. You raise the bar daily. To reverberate, well deserved! "Keep 'er goin'" as they say down here in Tennessee.

Mariëlla wrote:
01.24.06 at 12:07 AM

Congratulations also from me! I'm happy my vote was well cast. I especially admire the fact that you are always so well documented and your argumentation so well rounded off. Where do you get the time ;-)?

Jathan wrote:
01.24.06 at 9:53 AM

Congratulations Alder, well deserved. You're as nice in person as you are online. Your dedication to wine is infectious and inspiring, and the words you choose to describe your experiences are poetic. Great work.

Geoff Smith wrote:
01.24.06 at 11:15 AM

Congratulations Alder! Just to let you know, I voted for you.

Great seeing you at the tasting yesterday. Are you going to write it up?

Cheers,

Geoff

Bradley wrote:
01.24.06 at 1:13 PM

Alder, I only had one vote! I had to go with Tom 'cause he's got more 'industry' related stuff. Great job, well done. It just keeps getting better.

Jason wrote:
01.24.06 at 7:55 PM

Outstanding work, Alder! Wine journalism at its most dynamic. Keep it up.

allan wrote:
01.24.06 at 8:50 PM

Congrats Adler! It is well-deserved.

Greg Walter wrote:
01.25.06 at 9:09 AM

Alder:
Congratulations! It's great that you've been recognized for all hard work and great content you've contributed to the sphere of wine knowledge and discussion out there.

Greg Walter
PinotReport

01.25.06 at 2:01 PM

Alder congrats -

Your blog is an excellent forum for knowledge and opinion on the wine front. I usually come in here to read rather than comment and it's been very rewarding.

I also like that you accept diverse opinion, and act as a fair referee.

Overall a winning combination.

01.25.06 at 4:54 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and your support. I can only hope that my efforts continue to reward your faith and enthusiasm for this site. I really appreciate your readership.

Anonymous wrote:
01.27.06 at 7:58 PM

Alder, Congratulations for all the great work you do...you're leading a new frontier. Time for some champagne!
Kimberly Charles

Jim C. wrote:
01.28.06 at 2:35 PM

Alder,

Congratulations. Your Vinography blog is simply the best site for wine. I've found myself reading your updates everyday. your passion for wine comes through in every column.

Keep up the good work. Your humble audience applauds you!

01.29.06 at 2:09 PM

Congratulations, well deserved, keep on going like this.

Simon Hofstra

Courtney wrote:
01.30.06 at 7:06 PM

Great work, Alder! You deserve it. Keep up the good wine investigation.

Eddie Lin wrote:
02.06.06 at 7:11 PM

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. You are the king! And thanks very much for nominating me. I finally saw that in Accidental Hedonist's comment box. Very kind of you!

09.25.14 at 9:14 PM

excellent submit, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not understand this.

You should continue your writing. I'm sure, you have a huge readers' base already!