01.10.2007

Vinography Wins Best Drinks Blog Award

I'm thrilled to report that Vinography has won this year's Best Drinks Blog Award at the 2006 Food Blogging Awards. This is the third year in a row that Vinography has won this award. With a track record like that, I'm sure for some people anything I say here will sound perhaps like hollow thanks, but I honestly I'm just as blown away as I was the first time. It gives me such great pleasure to know that the hard work and time I put into this site is appreciated by those who read it and the larger blogging community. Its the support and encouragement of you folks that has made it possible for me to keep on doing this writing for the past three years.

And for those of you who were kind enough to nominate me for the award and then to vote for me in the final round I owe a special thanks.

To all my readers, this site is made better every day with your comments, your criticisms, and your participation in this growing community of wine lovers that occasionally stop in and hang out at Vinography.

Thank you and happy drinking.

Ben Bicais wrote:
01.10.07 at 3:03 PM

Congrats Alder, well deserved.

Dr. Debs wrote:
01.10.07 at 4:34 PM

You deserve it, Alder. Congratulations!

Lauren wrote:
01.10.07 at 5:07 PM

Congratulations on such a fantastic, informative wine blog !!

winehiker wrote:
01.10.07 at 6:22 PM

Your third triumph is richly warranted, Alder -- a shining diamond example for the rest of us.

Rachel wrote:
01.10.07 at 7:22 PM

Congrats! I found Vinography through the blog awards. I love your content! Hopefully I'll be learning more about wine.

Elsbeth wrote:
01.10.07 at 7:36 PM

Great news! Congrats!

amy wrote:
01.10.07 at 8:28 PM

Alder:
You are the best independent wine blog I read, and your award is well deserved. Keep up the good work.
Amy

Stephan wrote:
01.10.07 at 8:48 PM

Congratulations. Well deserverd.

barbara wrote:
01.10.07 at 9:54 PM

Well done. Congratulations Alder.

brett wrote:
01.10.07 at 11:20 PM

Rock on!!!

01.10.07 at 11:27 PM

Congratulations, Alder, you certainly deserve the award because you have a quality not yet found so completely in other english blogs: you touch all the themes concerning wine in a so serious and independent way! I'll try to do the same in Spanish!!!
All the best, and I'll cheers for you and the awarded blog today with a good catalan "cava".
Joan

John wrote:
01.10.07 at 11:39 PM

I'm not big on awards, but I have to concede I read your words and not many others. Too many 9/9.5's on the wine ratings, but heck I like drinking too.

The user-generated-content aspect of the new journalism is fun when there's at least a tinge of journalistic competence at work, and you get props for consistently good writing, content, and style.

01.11.07 at 4:03 AM

I have posted today a little commentary about the award in my blog!
All the best,
Joan

Foodie Bride wrote:
01.11.07 at 8:19 AM

You have a fantastic site - congratulations!

Geoff Smith wrote:
01.11.07 at 10:18 AM

Right on!

Geoff

Doreen wrote:
01.11.07 at 10:26 AM

Yeehaw and 3 cheers to you Alder! As I meet new friends with an interest in wine, I always send them to vinography. You rock. Keep it going.

The Vine Guy wrote:
01.11.07 at 12:32 PM

Congrats on the well deserved kudos. I read your stuff as often as possible, and thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks for the great work.

Tyler T wrote:
01.11.07 at 1:03 PM

Congrats Alder!

Ryan Opaz wrote:
01.11.07 at 1:59 PM

Congrats, always love reading your posts.

BrooklynGuy wrote:
01.11.07 at 2:26 PM

Congrats, there will be many more. Some one's wine predictions for 2007 included that a blogger would go pro this year...I nominate you for that, whatever it means.

Chad wrote:
01.11.07 at 2:37 PM

Bravo Alder! Well done.

Lenn wrote:
01.11.07 at 4:53 PM

And Alder's strangle hold on this award continues. Congratulations...I can think of no other blog that deserves it.

Ruth wrote:
01.11.07 at 5:10 PM

Congratulations, honey. And, I only voted for you once this year :-)

Tom Wark wrote:
01.11.07 at 6:30 PM

Alder,

How great is this?

THIS Great (holding hands out wide apart)

You keep giving us all in the blogosphere a very good name i with Vinography. I hope you know how appreciated it is.

Cheers,
tom...

mike R. wrote:
01.11.07 at 9:53 PM

Congratulations Alder. I hope to absorb some of your knowledge this year.

01.11.07 at 10:48 PM

I've sent each of you an e-mail personally, but I also wanted to say here how much I appreciate your thanks and good wishes. You're all fantastic.

Sobrevino wrote:
01.13.07 at 2:32 PM

My sincere congratulations. This is always the best wine info source around for me.

Regards,

SobreVino

Jean-Louis wrote:
01.15.07 at 12:38 AM

Bravo Alder! It is a just, justifiable and most justified award. Keep on the good works!