02.08.2007

Respectfully Asking For Your Vote. Again.

wine_blog_awards.jpgYes, it's just like the Golden Globes and the Oscars. Too many awards too closely packed together. Just when you thought you had sorted out who you liked, there's a whole new list to choose from. Will all the awards eventually merge into one big one? Who knows.

Voting began yesterday for the first ever American Wine Blog Awards competition, and Vinography has graciously been nominated as a finalist in three categories: Best Wine Reviews, Best Wine Writing, and Best Overall Wine Blog. I'm really proud to be a finalist in these three categories. I've worked very hard to make Vinography a place that I would want to visit if I were just a consumer looking for an alternative approach to wine, and I'm really thrilled to be recognized for that.

So now is when I get to ask you for the favor of your vote again. Please do me the kindness of supporting me in these three categories. You can vote here.

And in case you need some inspiration for these three categories, I humbly submit a couple of pieces that I think represent the highlights of Vinography in these three areas (these links will open into new windows, which you'll probably have to stretch wider to read the content):

One of my favorite wine reviews.

One of my favorite pieces of writing.

Something you'll only find on Vinography.

Please vote, and thank you for your support!

johng wrote:
02.08.07 at 9:02 AM

Congrats on all three, Alder.

Lizzy wrote:
02.08.07 at 12:44 PM

Great. These are life'satisfactions, aren't they?
;-)

Lizzy

KenW wrote:
02.08.07 at 3:12 PM

Wow, three nominations; you deserve it. Best of luck. (and you too JohnG for wine reviews).

victoria wrote:
02.09.07 at 8:10 AM

You got my votes. Good luck!

Melinda wrote:
02.09.07 at 5:32 PM

You respectfully received my votes, again. Good luck!

Carter wrote:
02.10.07 at 7:30 AM

Done. I'm also posting a note on Food Notebook later today. Best of luck.

Jason wrote:
02.10.07 at 8:37 AM

You've got my votes. Congratulations, and good luck!

victor honoré wrote:
02.10.07 at 8:56 AM

So well deserved, Alder. Congratulations! My vote for vinography is in
Víctor

Alder's mom wrote:
02.10.07 at 10:49 AM

Voting for you for yet another award makes me very proud. All your innovative thoughts recognized. I can't wait until you're nominated for head of the E.P.A. Then you can plant vineyards over all the parking lots.

Sobre Vino wrote:
02.10.07 at 4:49 PM

You've got my votes. Good luck!

Sobre Vino

Eddie Lin wrote:
02.11.07 at 7:22 AM

Get your broom out, Alder, because you're gonna sweep 'em all!!

Luciano wrote:
02.11.07 at 7:59 AM

CONGRATULATION!!!

02.11.07 at 7:53 PM

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your support.

Tim S wrote:
02.12.07 at 4:09 PM

Alder, that was easy, good luck. What ever happened at that Pinot tasting you mentioned that was hled on Saturday? Tim

Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 7, 2014 Vinography Images: The Berry 2014 West Sonoma Coast Wine Festival: August 2-3, Sebastopol, CA Drew Wines, Mendocino, CA: Recent Releases Vinography Images: Pocket of Sun Vinography Unboxed: Week of June 29, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of June 22, 2014 Vinography Images: Spring Pastels Blaufränkisch is Best Before Breakfast Austria: The Wine Lover's Dream Destination