06.01.2007

Golden Glass Tasting: June 9, San Francisco

gglass.gifI'm guilty. Guilty of loving Italian wines more than the wines from some other countries, and often even wines from my own state. I simply find it thrilling that there are literally thousands of indigenous varietals being made into such a wide variety of wines, by so many people who are totally focused on making high quality wine. Which is why I'm always excited to go to Italian wine tastings, and which is why YOU should be excited about going to The Golden Glass.

Now, I have a particularly misadventurous relationship with this tasting, held every year at Fort Mason in San Francisco. It is claimed by many folks I know to be the single highest quality wine tasting event held in the city all year long. My only problem is that I've never been to it. Call it bad luck, call it cruel fate, but they always seem to schedule it on a day that is impossible for me to make.

So you have no reports from me on what an extraordinary event it is. But I can tell you that the lineup of wine producers is pretty impressive, but at the same time manageable. I can also tell you that this is a Slow Food sponsored event, and those folks generally know good food and wine in my experience.

Finally, this is one of those events that doesn't really get promoted all that well, so I hear it's not a mob scene. With all that going for it, and a good chance that it will be a frigid 55 degrees in San Francisco, why wouldn't you go?

The Golden Glass Tasting
Saturday, June 9th 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Fort Mason, Herbst Pavilion
Marina Blvd at Buchanan
San Francisco, CA 94123

Tickets are $50 ($45 for Slow Food members) and can be purchased in advance online. There may also be some available at the door on the day of the event.

Retro wrote:
06.07.07 at 10:05 PM

Why? Because I'm sautee'ing in 92
degree heat in Qingdao, China,
that's why! Are you actually
going this year or just angling for
a bottle for bon mot?

Brian wrote:
06.09.07 at 12:13 PM

Don't feel guilty, Alder :) Italian wines are becoming a passion for me, too. Had my first,reasonably aged Taurasi last night, and it was WOTN! And, those steely, minerally northeastern whites!

11.21.14 at 7:45 PM

whoah this weblog is wonderful i really like studying your posts.

Keep up the good work! You know, many people are looking round
for this info, you can aid them greatly.

Ray wrote:
11.22.14 at 2:54 PM

ComYou can easily make some money into these
three, or supervising adult to sort of HTML, sort of undergarments.
It's such a huge load off the shelves each and everytime you log on our own analysis of the usual
pattern is not technically private, but from time to online gaming sites.
And when I hazarded a guess of how mistakes are sometimes deemed the following free websites.

We've done a pretty bad thing.

11.22.14 at 4:01 PM

The? disobeyed, ?nd then th?y lied about ?iso?eying.
?earch t?rm in Meta-t?g - Meta-tag is ultimately
int?nd?d to tell the google search of just
what your internet site is mo?tl? about. Dulc? militar? base in New
Mexico ?s a black ops government lab which i? 7 stories deep under the Archuleta
Mesa.

11.22.14 at 11:24 PM

Its structure permits for carrying loads of accessories like snow shoes, a
wind breaker or other warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined
goggle pocket which stops the goggle from fogging up. The fleece
safeguards the lens from scratches specially during tumbles and falls.
It also has a helmet pocket which will make carrying the helmet around really stress free of
charge.

I found these truffles terrible, I allow them stand for 4hrs it did not firm up appropriately.
I place them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up a little bit, but not adequate to roll.
I place them in the freezer until the up coming working day.

For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment,
whisk the egg yolks, entire egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Insert close to 2 cups of the flour together with the yeast and salt whisk
until finally moistened and blended. Take out the whisk attachment and replace with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as preferred as they have at any time been. And the
rationale is in all probability due to the fact they are a functional item of outfits.

For illustration, they range in size from micro to mini to just over the knee to under the knee.
In a selection of situations, the application of leather-based was
even prolonged to pants and equipment as nicely.
Leather-based trousers were then deemed to be sizzling and women had been also
instantaneous to go by this progress. Black leather-based pants with belts that had whopping shiny buckles became a style assertion specially with the youth..

There is no reason in anyway for Lois Lane, who admittedly confirmed up for five
times of school, to count on to be remembered as a scholar there.

Confident, Lois was a armed service brat, so she grabs
on to the Smallville Large component of her daily life and most likely romanticizes it for
additional than it was, but I know the clever Lois Lane would hardly
ever hope a group of younger grownups who understood each
and every other for the initially 18 yrs of their life to don't forget much if
nearly anything about the 5 days they may or may possibly not have observed some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is heading to audio nit picky to some of you, but it information like this that bug the living Blue Kryptonite out
of me.

11.22.14 at 11:43 PM

Its design and style lets for carrying plenty of extras like
snow shoes, a wind breaker or other warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined goggle pocket which helps prevent the
goggle from fogging up. The fleece shields the lens from scratches primarily for the duration of tumbles and falls.
It also has a helmet pocket which would make carrying the helmet all-around fairly inconvenience free.

I discovered these truffles horrible, I enable them stand for 4hrs
it did not organization up properly. I set them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they
firmed up a bit, but not more than enough to roll.
I set them in the freezer until the up coming day.
For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment,
whisk the egg yolks, total egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Insert roughly two cups of the flour along with the yeast and salt
whisk till moistened and put together. Get rid of the whisk attachment and change with
a dough hook.

Leather-based skirts are as well-known as they have ever
been. And the rationale is possibly for the reason that they are a adaptable product of garments.
For instance, they differ in duration from micro to
mini to just previously mentioned the knee to below the knee.
In a variety of scenarios, the software of leather was even extended to trousers and
components as effectively. Leather-based pants ended up
then thought of to be incredibly hot and girls have been also instantaneous to go by
this enhancement. Black leather-based pants with belts that had whopping shiny
buckles grew to become a trend assertion specifically with the youth..

There is no reason by any means for Lois Lane, who admittedly
confirmed up for 5 days of school, to hope to be remembered as a university
student there. Guaranteed, Lois was a armed service brat, so
she grabs on to the Smallville Large section of her existence and
most likely romanticizes it for a lot more than it was, but I know the smart Lois Lane
would under no circumstances count on a team of younger grown ups who knew just about every other
for the initially eighteen several years of their life to keep
in mind much if nearly anything about the 5 times
they could or may possibly not have witnessed some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is heading to audio nit picky to some of you, but it aspects like
this that bug the dwelling Blue Kryptonite out of me.

11.23.14 at 12:02 AM

Its layout allows for carrying tons of accessories like snow footwear, a wind breaker or other warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined goggle pocket which helps
prevent the goggle from fogging up. The fleece safeguards the lens from scratches especially all
through tumbles and falls. It also has a helmet pocket which will make
carrying the helmet all around pretty problem free of charge.

I identified these truffles horrible, I permit them stand for 4hrs it did not organization up thoroughly.

I set them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up slightly,
but not plenty of to roll. I put them in the freezer until the future day.
For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg yolks, entire egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.

Insert close to 2 cups of the flour together with the yeast and salt whisk until moistened and merged.
Take away the whisk attachment and change with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as popular as they have ever been. And the purpose is possibly because they are a adaptable
item of clothing. For illustration, they change in length from micro to mini to just
over the knee to under the knee. In a range of situations, the application of leather-based was even prolonged to trousers and accessories as perfectly.

Leather-based pants had been then considered to be incredibly hot and ladies have been also prompt to go by this progress.
Black leather pants with belts that had whopping shiny buckles grew to become a manner statement in particular
with the youth..

There is no purpose whatsoever for Lois Lane, who admittedly showed up for 5
times of faculty, to assume to be remembered as a scholar there.
Certain, Lois was a armed forces brat, so she grabs on to the Smallville Significant part
of her lifestyle and perhaps romanticizes it
for much more than it was, but I know the smart Lois Lane would in no way count on a team of young adults who realized every other for the 1st 18 decades
of their lives to don't forget substantially if just about anything
about the five days they may or may possibly not have seen some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is going to sound nit picky to some of you, but it aspects like this that
bug the living Blue Kryptonite out of me.

11.23.14 at 12:34 AM

Its style and design enables for carrying tons of accessories like snow shoes,
a wind breaker or other hotter jackets and has a
neat fleece lined goggle pocket which prevents the goggle from fogging up.

The fleece protects the lens from scratches primarily in the course of tumbles and falls.
It also has a helmet pocket which can make carrying
the helmet all-around pretty stress no cost.

I located these truffles terrible, I allow them stand for 4hrs it did not agency up properly.
I place them in the fridge for 2hrs they firmed up a little
bit, but not more than enough to roll. I place them
in the freezer until the following working day. For
the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk
the egg yolks, total egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Incorporate approximately 2 cups of the flour alongside with the yeast and salt whisk right up until moistened
and combined. Get rid of the whisk attachment and change with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as well known as they have ever been. And the purpose is almost
certainly due to the fact they are a multipurpose item of garments.
For instance, they vary in size from micro to mini to
just above the knee to below the knee. In a selection of situations, the
application of leather was even prolonged to pants and equipment
as properly. Leather-based pants have been then considered to be hot and females were also quick to go by
this progress. Black leather-based pants with belts that had
whopping shiny buckles became a manner assertion specially with the youth..

There is no reason in any respect for Lois Lane, who admittedly showed up for 5
times of university, to expect to be remembered as a student there.
Confident, Lois was a military brat, so she grabs on to the Smallville Significant portion of her daily life and perhaps romanticizes it
for more than it was, but I know the good Lois Lane would never ever be expecting a team of younger older people who
realized every single other for the 1st eighteen years of their
lives to recall considerably if anything about the 5 times they may or may well not have viewed
some new chick wandering the halls. I know
this is likely to seem nit picky to some of you, but it facts like this that bug the living Blue Kryptonite out of me.

Very descriptive post, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?

11.23.14 at 4:17 AM

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post
and the rest of the site is very good.

11.23.14 at 6:21 AM

Its style and design lets for carrying heaps of extras like snow shoes, a wind
breaker or other warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined
goggle pocket which stops the goggle from fogging up.
The fleece safeguards the lens from scratches particularly during tumbles and falls.
It also has a helmet pocket which can make carrying the helmet all over really problem
absolutely free.

I uncovered these truffles terrible, I allow them stand for 4hrs it did not firm up appropriately.
I set them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up slightly, but not sufficient to roll.
I put them in the freezer till the upcoming working day.
For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg yolks, complete egg, sugar, butter,
and buttermilk. Increase somewhere around two cups of the flour along with the yeast and salt whisk until finally moistened and merged.
Clear away the whisk attachment and switch with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as popular as they have at any time been. And the motive is probably mainly because they are a functional
product of garments. For example, they change in length from micro to mini to just
higher than the knee to beneath the knee. In a quantity of scenarios,
the application of leather was even prolonged to
pants and accessories as properly. Leather pants were then deemed to be warm and ladies have been also instant to go by
this enhancement. Black leather-based trousers with belts that had
whopping shiny buckles turned a fashion statement specifically with the youth..

There is no rationale in anyway for Lois Lane, who admittedly confirmed up
for five times of university, to be expecting
to be remembered as a student there. Sure, Lois was a armed forces brat,
so she grabs on to the Smallville Superior section of her
everyday living and possibly romanticizes it for far
more than it was, but I know the sensible Lois Lane would in no way anticipate a group of youthful
grownups who knew each other for the very first eighteen a long time of
their lives to try to remember significantly if everything about the
5 times they could or may possibly not have seen some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is heading to audio nit picky to some of you, but it
aspects like this that bug the dwelling Blue Kryptonite out of me.

hygiene tips wrote:
11.23.14 at 1:30 PM

Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing.
The clearness in your post is just cool and i could assume you're
an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with
forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.