06.01.2007

Golden Glass Tasting: June 9, San Francisco

gglass.gifI'm guilty. Guilty of loving Italian wines more than the wines from some other countries, and often even wines from my own state. I simply find it thrilling that there are literally thousands of indigenous varietals being made into such a wide variety of wines, by so many people who are totally focused on making high quality wine. Which is why I'm always excited to go to Italian wine tastings, and which is why YOU should be excited about going to The Golden Glass.

Now, I have a particularly misadventurous relationship with this tasting, held every year at Fort Mason in San Francisco. It is claimed by many folks I know to be the single highest quality wine tasting event held in the city all year long. My only problem is that I've never been to it. Call it bad luck, call it cruel fate, but they always seem to schedule it on a day that is impossible for me to make.

So you have no reports from me on what an extraordinary event it is. But I can tell you that the lineup of wine producers is pretty impressive, but at the same time manageable. I can also tell you that this is a Slow Food sponsored event, and those folks generally know good food and wine in my experience.

Finally, this is one of those events that doesn't really get promoted all that well, so I hear it's not a mob scene. With all that going for it, and a good chance that it will be a frigid 55 degrees in San Francisco, why wouldn't you go?

The Golden Glass Tasting
Saturday, June 9th 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Fort Mason, Herbst Pavilion
Marina Blvd at Buchanan
San Francisco, CA 94123

Tickets are $50 ($45 for Slow Food members) and can be purchased in advance online. There may also be some available at the door on the day of the event.

Retro wrote:
06.07.07 at 10:05 PM

Why? Because I'm sautee'ing in 92
degree heat in Qingdao, China,
that's why! Are you actually
going this year or just angling for
a bottle for bon mot?

Brian wrote:
06.09.07 at 12:13 PM

Don't feel guilty, Alder :) Italian wines are becoming a passion for me, too. Had my first,reasonably aged Taurasi last night, and it was WOTN! And, those steely, minerally northeastern whites!

09.28.14 at 8:10 PM

Zufaell?g bin i?h a?f eurem Portal gelandet und muss feststellen, dass mir
diese vom Design und den Informationen r?chtig gut gefaelt.

09.28.14 at 8:35 PM

Let us discover typically Nokia N73 software may really increase their Nokia N73 user experience.

Nevertheless more time one expend on Twitter, the more despondent as
well as alone you then become, and you have to expend more duration internet on overcome individuals unwanted ideas.

Indeed, that the real surprise about the entire screen to anarchic
consumerism actually it mobile phones were utilized in order to coordinate looting as well as following escapes; it
really is in which Ebony - Berry mobile phones were
used.

09.29.14 at 10:10 AM

That is a very good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Brief but very precise information… Many thanks for sharing this one.
A must read post!

valve wrote:
09.29.14 at 12:20 PM

Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing the other person's blog link
on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same for you.

09.29.14 at 1:33 PM

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this,
such as you wrote the e book in iit or something. I believe that yyou just could do with a few % to drive the message huse
a llittle bit, but other than that, hat is excellent blog.
A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

09.29.14 at 8:18 PM

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i
came to go back the favor?.I'm attempting to to find things to improve my web site!I guess its
ok to use a few of your ideas!!

09.30.14 at 11:40 AM

You could definitely see your skills within the article
you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who
are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.