06.01.2007

Golden Glass Tasting: June 9, San Francisco

gglass.gifI'm guilty. Guilty of loving Italian wines more than the wines from some other countries, and often even wines from my own state. I simply find it thrilling that there are literally thousands of indigenous varietals being made into such a wide variety of wines, by so many people who are totally focused on making high quality wine. Which is why I'm always excited to go to Italian wine tastings, and which is why YOU should be excited about going to The Golden Glass.

Now, I have a particularly misadventurous relationship with this tasting, held every year at Fort Mason in San Francisco. It is claimed by many folks I know to be the single highest quality wine tasting event held in the city all year long. My only problem is that I've never been to it. Call it bad luck, call it cruel fate, but they always seem to schedule it on a day that is impossible for me to make.

So you have no reports from me on what an extraordinary event it is. But I can tell you that the lineup of wine producers is pretty impressive, but at the same time manageable. I can also tell you that this is a Slow Food sponsored event, and those folks generally know good food and wine in my experience.

Finally, this is one of those events that doesn't really get promoted all that well, so I hear it's not a mob scene. With all that going for it, and a good chance that it will be a frigid 55 degrees in San Francisco, why wouldn't you go?

The Golden Glass Tasting
Saturday, June 9th 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Fort Mason, Herbst Pavilion
Marina Blvd at Buchanan
San Francisco, CA 94123

Tickets are $50 ($45 for Slow Food members) and can be purchased in advance online. There may also be some available at the door on the day of the event.

Retro wrote:
06.07.07 at 10:05 PM

Why? Because I'm sautee'ing in 92
degree heat in Qingdao, China,
that's why! Are you actually
going this year or just angling for
a bottle for bon mot?

Brian wrote:
06.09.07 at 12:13 PM

Don't feel guilty, Alder :) Italian wines are becoming a passion for me, too. Had my first,reasonably aged Taurasi last night, and it was WOTN! And, those steely, minerally northeastern whites!

09.16.14 at 9:55 PM

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It if truth bee told was a entertainment account it.
Look complicated to moree brought agreeable from
you! By the way, how could we communicate?

amazon.co.uk wrote:
09.18.14 at 4:42 AM

magnificent publish, ?ery informative. I ponder w?y the opposite specialists ?f this sector don't notice
t?i?. ?ou ?hould proceed y?ur writing. I ?m sure, you've a
gr?at readers' base al?eady!

09.18.14 at 1:52 PM

It is a must tool for anybody wanting to build up their fitness,
tone their body, shed a few pounds and look cool in a gym ha, get skipping and enjoy.
If it happens to you, you should know how to fight back even if you have no form of weapon handy.

As a matter of fact we live in a well organised society and
therefore we hardly find ourselves in situations where we require self
defense techniques but still martial arts like taekwondo and kickboxing
are very popular because of the soft skills it
develops in any kid.

09.18.14 at 4:21 PM

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard
against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any recommendations?

09.19.14 at 5:05 AM

Sunt sigur ca acest articol a impresionat tot blogul.
Este o tema motivanta pentru a compune un nou website.

09.19.14 at 7:18 AM

First of all I would like to say excellent blog! I had a quick question in which I'd
like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
I have had a hard time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.

I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just
trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Thanks!

09.19.14 at 8:04 PM

Hi, all is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts,
that's actually good, keep up writing.