08.19.2007

Introducing Vinography TV!

OK. Just kidding. There's just no way I've got the time, energy or interest to go out and make my own video podcast, despite the fact that some of you who know me well were telling me to do it before anyone had ever heard of WineLibrary TV.

But, when someone else comes along and wants to do all the work, I'm happy to have a little screen time. The someone else, in this case, is CHOW Magazine.

So this is really CHOW TV. But with a little Vinography thrown in for spice.

Remember that Indian wine tasting I wrote about a week or so ago? Well there were some folks from CHOW wandering around with a camera during the thing, and they put together this little video segment on it, complete with some wisecracks and tasting notes from me.

Since I know you've got nothing better to do on Sunday evening, I thought you might enjoy it. Thankfully (for everyone concerned) it's short and to the point, and I had a clean shirt on.

Once the iFrame appears above and you see the play arrow, click the arrow to begin playing the video.

Melanie wrote:
08.20.07 at 4:05 AM

Nice! I do have to admit that I laughed a little tiny bit at the last sentence, though...

Steve wrote:
08.20.07 at 8:35 AM

I'll take a cold brewski with my Indian food.

Pam Bechill wrote:
08.20.07 at 2:43 PM

I guess I was too late to see the piece about the Indian wine tasting... But I did learn a clever way to roast coffee beans!

08.20.07 at 5:54 PM

Grr. Looks like the video is having problems. Sorry folks.

Arthur wrote:
08.20.07 at 11:29 PM

It wasn't fully loading at the office, but is doing fine here at home. It may be a matter of the most recent flash version being on your PC -an issue I know I have at work.

That being said, I don't know why I expected a more 'continental' inflection to you speech.

Overall, it's a well produced, dynamic clip.

Jathan wrote:
08.21.07 at 10:58 AM

Wow, great camera work, good editing and audio, a nice intro/exit, everything winelibrary TV is not!

Not bad CHOW! Just goes to show, even when done simply, a video can be good. (I took some notes.)

Phil wrote:
08.21.07 at 10:19 PM

Nice video, to the point, quick. Although less entertaining, you guys covered the same material in 2:24 that takes Gary 30min. Maybe a nice monthly insert!

Jay wrote:
08.22.07 at 11:24 AM

Great little show! Good editing, lighting, etc.

John Skupny wrote:
08.24.07 at 3:39 PM

WOW, I like badness!... we used to just say 'it probably won't kill you'.
cool blip, lets see some more, especially the spit bucket!

Bettina wrote:
08.28.07 at 11:45 PM

you're gonna have to root for the 49ers or something... just to be in the WineTV theme of things.

great show, keep it up.

we'll watch...

Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 19, 2014 Vinography Images: Divine Droplets Bay Area Bordeaux: Tasting Santa Cruz Mountain Cabernets US 2014 Vintage - Early, Fast, Eventful Vinography Images: Big Shadow Come Explore The Essence of Wine with Me in Healdsburg: October 30th, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 5, 2014 Another Idiotic California Law Screws Wineries Vinography Images: Vineyard Reflections The Fake Tongue Illusion and Wine Tasting