10.04.2008

Images of the South African Winelands

For those who are interested, here are some of the photographs I took while in South Africa. The winelands, as they are called, cover an area the size of a small U.S. state. They are extremely varied in their topography, though most are studded here and there with beautiful rock escarpments that are truly arresting. Most of the images are of vineyards, but I snuck in a couple of other scenes from my trip.

Enjoy.

If you're itching to see these larger, feel free to check them out on Flickr.

Jen Frank wrote:
10.05.08 at 2:59 PM

Unbelievably gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Alder.

Dylan wrote:
10.05.08 at 5:43 PM

My favorite is storm light in the wine lands. That's one kind of lighting I never got to experience while at Tin Cross, it didn't rain once during my stay in Sonoma.

10.06.08 at 12:32 PM

Beautiful shots, that rainbow looks almost Wizard of Oz like! Thanks for the great mini escape Alder.

Erin Skinner wrote:
10.06.08 at 1:41 PM

Beautiful. I was in Stellenbosch last year while I was living in Namibia and was stunned by the beauty of this part of SA.

Denise wrote:
10.07.08 at 9:56 PM

Alder-
I too found SA amazing, beautiful and much like Napa (25 years ago). While Stellenbosch wines were good - Paarl had a few jewels too. My favorite venture (besides wine tasting and Jackalberry Lodge) was visiting Dwyer Island off Hermanus - the whales were unreal. Go now...with the World Cup the secret will be out soon.

10.30.14 at 12:01 AM

Heya! I know tthis is ?ind of off-topic ?ut I
nee?ed to as?. D?es managing a well-established website l?ke yours t?ke a
lot of work? I am brand new to running a blog howsver
? do write iin my journal daily. I'd li?e to
start a blog ?? I can easily share m? personal experience aand feelings online.

?lease let me kno? if y?u have any recommendations o? tips
f?r new aspiring blog owners. ?ppreciate it!

10.30.14 at 1:05 AM

I just couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I
really enjoyed the usual information an individual supply to your guests?

Is going to be again ceaselessly in order to inspect new posts

Even so several consumers require to complain in purchase to guarantee no one is focused unfairly.

Tech Crunch found that about 15% of the time a user will be brought into a chat
yielding something R rated or worse. You can also re-connect with your previous high school adore.

Me Delight wrote:
10.30.14 at 1:53 AM

Hi to every body, it's my first visit of this web site; this weblog carries
awesome and truly fine information in support of readers.

10.30.14 at 5:13 AM

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess
over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as
exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this
hike.

Hi there, this weekend is good in support of me, since this occasion i am
reading this fantastic educational paragraph here at my residence.

blogcomment wrote:
10.30.14 at 9:44 AM

great website is avilable here blog comment

10.30.14 at 11:30 AM

Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay.
I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

10.30.14 at 5:32 PM

As the admin of this wweb site is working, no hesitation very shortly iit will be famous, due to its qualty contents.

10.30.14 at 11:45 PM

I am really impressed along with your writing skills as smartly as with the layout on your blog.
Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self?

Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it's uncommon to look a great blog like this one nowadays..

10.31.14 at 12:01 AM

Humm ête? vous certain de ce ?ue vous nous affirmez ?

10.31.14 at 1:32 AM

You could definitely see your skills in the work you write.
The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe.

At all times go after your heart.