10.04.2008

Images of the South African Winelands

For those who are interested, here are some of the photographs I took while in South Africa. The winelands, as they are called, cover an area the size of a small U.S. state. They are extremely varied in their topography, though most are studded here and there with beautiful rock escarpments that are truly arresting. Most of the images are of vineyards, but I snuck in a couple of other scenes from my trip.

Enjoy.

If you're itching to see these larger, feel free to check them out on Flickr.

Jen Frank wrote:
10.05.08 at 2:59 PM

Unbelievably gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Alder.

Dylan wrote:
10.05.08 at 5:43 PM

My favorite is storm light in the wine lands. That's one kind of lighting I never got to experience while at Tin Cross, it didn't rain once during my stay in Sonoma.

10.06.08 at 12:32 PM

Beautiful shots, that rainbow looks almost Wizard of Oz like! Thanks for the great mini escape Alder.

Erin Skinner wrote:
10.06.08 at 1:41 PM

Beautiful. I was in Stellenbosch last year while I was living in Namibia and was stunned by the beauty of this part of SA.

Denise wrote:
10.07.08 at 9:56 PM

Alder-
I too found SA amazing, beautiful and much like Napa (25 years ago). While Stellenbosch wines were good - Paarl had a few jewels too. My favorite venture (besides wine tasting and Jackalberry Lodge) was visiting Dwyer Island off Hermanus - the whales were unreal. Go now...with the World Cup the secret will be out soon.

geckogo.com wrote:
10.24.14 at 10:53 AM

I will immediately seize your rss as I can not find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
Do you've any? Kindly allow me recognize so that I
may just subscribe. Thanks.

Bay Area Bordeaux: Tasting Santa Cruz Mountain Cabernets US 2014 Vintage - Early, Fast, Eventful Vinography Images: Big Shadow Come Explore The Essence of Wine with Me in Healdsburg: October 30th, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 5, 2014 Another Idiotic California Law Screws Wineries Vinography Images: Vineyard Reflections The Fake Tongue Illusion and Wine Tasting 2014 Wine & Spirits Top 100 Tasting: October 21, San Francisco Cool Beauty: Tasting the Wines of the Western Sonoma Coast