10.04.2008

Images of the South African Winelands

For those who are interested, here are some of the photographs I took while in South Africa. The winelands, as they are called, cover an area the size of a small U.S. state. They are extremely varied in their topography, though most are studded here and there with beautiful rock escarpments that are truly arresting. Most of the images are of vineyards, but I snuck in a couple of other scenes from my trip.

Enjoy.

If you're itching to see these larger, feel free to check them out on Flickr.

Jen Frank wrote:
10.05.08 at 2:59 PM

Unbelievably gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Alder.

Dylan wrote:
10.05.08 at 5:43 PM

My favorite is storm light in the wine lands. That's one kind of lighting I never got to experience while at Tin Cross, it didn't rain once during my stay in Sonoma.

10.06.08 at 12:32 PM

Beautiful shots, that rainbow looks almost Wizard of Oz like! Thanks for the great mini escape Alder.

Erin Skinner wrote:
10.06.08 at 1:41 PM

Beautiful. I was in Stellenbosch last year while I was living in Namibia and was stunned by the beauty of this part of SA.

Denise wrote:
10.07.08 at 9:56 PM

Alder-
I too found SA amazing, beautiful and much like Napa (25 years ago). While Stellenbosch wines were good - Paarl had a few jewels too. My favorite venture (besides wine tasting and Jackalberry Lodge) was visiting Dwyer Island off Hermanus - the whales were unreal. Go now...with the World Cup the secret will be out soon.

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a
few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why
but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

07.24.14 at 11:07 PM

?hank? a bunch for su?h a remarkable st?r?. ?our findings ?n this selected matter we?e interpreted ?nto a glorious p?ece of
work. What could have b?en complicated to comprehend is crreated simple in your explanation of the facts.

07.25.14 at 12:42 AM

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I do not know who you are but definitely you are
going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

you are actually a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible.
It seems that you're doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork.
you've done a wonderful process in this subject!

2014 Family Winemakers Tasting: August 17, San Mateo Will Climate Change be the Death of Cork? The King of Zweigelt: The Wines of Umathum, Burgenland Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 14, 2014 Vinography Images: Solar Powered Dot Wine and the Fear of Change Annual Napa Wine Library Tasting: August 10, Napa Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 7, 2014 Vinography Images: The Berry 2014 West Sonoma Coast Wine Festival: August 2-3, Sebastopol, CA