10.04.2008

Images of the South African Winelands

For those who are interested, here are some of the photographs I took while in South Africa. The winelands, as they are called, cover an area the size of a small U.S. state. They are extremely varied in their topography, though most are studded here and there with beautiful rock escarpments that are truly arresting. Most of the images are of vineyards, but I snuck in a couple of other scenes from my trip.

Enjoy.

If you're itching to see these larger, feel free to check them out on Flickr.

Jen Frank wrote:
10.05.08 at 2:59 PM

Unbelievably gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Alder.

Dylan wrote:
10.05.08 at 5:43 PM

My favorite is storm light in the wine lands. That's one kind of lighting I never got to experience while at Tin Cross, it didn't rain once during my stay in Sonoma.

10.06.08 at 12:32 PM

Beautiful shots, that rainbow looks almost Wizard of Oz like! Thanks for the great mini escape Alder.

Erin Skinner wrote:
10.06.08 at 1:41 PM

Beautiful. I was in Stellenbosch last year while I was living in Namibia and was stunned by the beauty of this part of SA.

Denise wrote:
10.07.08 at 9:56 PM

Alder-
I too found SA amazing, beautiful and much like Napa (25 years ago). While Stellenbosch wines were good - Paarl had a few jewels too. My favorite venture (besides wine tasting and Jackalberry Lodge) was visiting Dwyer Island off Hermanus - the whales were unreal. Go now...with the World Cup the secret will be out soon.

11.21.14 at 6:16 PM

M?gnifique post : j'en discuterai dans la soirée avec me? amis

11.22.14 at 6:34 AM

The family dental strategy is optional and is mostly meant to provide economical dental coverage to
grownups that was not offered in 2014.

Its style makes it possible for for carrying heaps
of accessories like snow shoes, a wind breaker or other
warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined goggle pocket which stops the goggle from fogging up.

The fleece shields the lens from scratches particularly in the
course of tumbles and falls. It also has a helmet pocket which can make carrying the helmet all
around fairly problem absolutely free.

I found these truffles awful, I allow them stand for 4hrs it did not business up appropriately.
I put them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up a little
bit, but not sufficient to roll. I place them in the freezer until the up coming working day.
For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the
whisk attachment, whisk the egg yolks, complete egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Include around two cups of the flour alongside with the
yeast and salt whisk right until moistened and mixed.
Take away the whisk attachment and replace with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as common as they have at any time been. And the
explanation is most likely mainly because they are a multipurpose product of clothing.
For example, they fluctuate in length from micro to mini to just higher than the knee to below the knee.
In a amount of circumstances, the application of leather-based was even prolonged to trousers and components
as well. Leather trousers ended up then considered to be very hot and females were also prompt to go by this advancement.
Black leather-based pants with belts that had whopping shiny buckles became a style statement especially with the youth..

There is no motive by any means for Lois Lane, who
admittedly confirmed up for five times of school,
to count on to be remembered as a student there.

Positive, Lois was a military brat, so she grabs on to the Smallville
Substantial part of her existence and perhaps romanticizes it for extra than it was, but I know the sensible Lois Lane would in no way count on a group
of younger adults who knew just about every other for
the initially 18 years of their lives to keep in mind a lot if everything about the five times they may possibly
or may possibly not have noticed some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is likely to seem nit picky to some of you, but it information like this that
bug the living Blue Kryptonite out of me.

11.22.14 at 1:15 PM

Its design and style lets for carrying a lot of equipment like snow footwear, a wind
breaker or other warmer jackets and has a neat fleece lined goggle
pocket which helps prevent the goggle from fogging up.
The fleece guards the lens from scratches primarily for the duration of tumbles
and falls. It also has a helmet pocket which will make carrying the helmet around fairly hassle absolutely
free.

I uncovered these truffles horrible, I allow them stand for 4hrs it did not business up appropriately.
I place them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up a little, but not
enough to roll. I set them in the freezer until the next day.
For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg
yolks, full egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Include about 2 cups of the flour alongside with the yeast and salt whisk till moistened
and blended. Eliminate the whisk attachment and replace with
a dough hook.

Leather-based skirts are as popular as they have at any time been. And the
motive is almost certainly since they are a adaptable merchandise of outfits.
For instance, they vary in length from micro to mini to just higher than the
knee to beneath the knee. In a variety of scenarios, the application of leather-based was even prolonged to pants and add-ons as perfectly.
Leather pants were then considered to be scorching and girls ended
up also prompt to go by this progress. Black leather pants with belts that had whopping
shiny buckles became a manner assertion specially with the youth..

There is no motive in any way for Lois Lane, who admittedly confirmed up for 5
times of university, to expect to be remembered as a pupil there.

Positive, Lois was a navy brat, so she grabs on to the Smallville Substantial element
of her existence and potentially romanticizes it for much more than it was, but I know the sensible Lois Lane would in no way count on a group of young older people who knew every other
for the very first 18 yrs of their life to keep in mind a lot if nearly anything about the five days they
may or could not have found some new chick wandering the halls.
I know this is likely to audio nit picky to some of you, but it particulars like this that bug the dwelling Blue Kryptonite
out of me.

11.22.14 at 3:44 PM

Its style lets for carrying lots of add-ons like snow shoes, a wind breaker or other hotter
jackets and has a neat fleece lined goggle pocket which stops
the goggle from fogging up. The fleece shields the lens from
scratches especially in the course of tumbles and falls.

It also has a helmet pocket which can make carrying the helmet all over really problem totally free.

I discovered these truffles terrible, I enable them stand for
4hrs it did not organization up effectively. I set them in the refrigerator for 2hrs they firmed up
somewhat, but not enough to roll. I set them in the freezer until the upcoming day.

For the dough: in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk
the egg yolks, entire egg, sugar, butter, and buttermilk.
Add somewhere around two cups of the flour along with the yeast
and salt whisk right up until moistened and merged.
Eliminate the whisk attachment and switch with a dough hook.

Leather skirts are as preferred as they have at any time been. And the
purpose is almost certainly for the reason that
they are a versatile product of outfits. For case in point, they change in size from micro to mini to just previously
mentioned the knee to underneath the knee.
In a number of conditions, the application of leather-based
was even extended to pants and extras as nicely.
Leather-based pants were being then considered to be very hot and ladies were also instantaneous to go by this
enhancement. Black leather pants with belts that experienced whopping
shiny buckles became a fashion assertion in particular with the youth..

There is no reason in any way for Lois Lane, who admittedly confirmed up for five times of college, to be expecting
to be remembered as a university student there. Positive, Lois was a navy brat, so she grabs
on to the Smallville Large portion of her life and maybe romanticizes
it for much more than it was, but I know the smart Lois Lane would by no means expect a team of youthful grownups who knew just about every other for the very first eighteen years of their lives to keep in mind much if anything about the five days they could or may not have
noticed some new chick wandering the halls. I know this is
likely to seem nit picky to some of you, but it particulars like
this that bug the residing Blue Kryptonite out of me.

11.22.14 at 4:19 PM

Your means of telling everything in this post is truly
good, every one be capable of simply know it, Thanks a lot.

11.22.14 at 8:16 PM

Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers
would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free
to shoot me an e-mail.