03.13.2012

The Essence of Wine: Tropical Fruits

vinography_essence_tropical_fruit.jpg

Image © 2012 Leigh Beisch

The languid allure of the tropics finds some of its most sensuous expression in the fruits of its forests. Equatorial flavors have a sunny perfection about them, an impossibly pleasurable ripeness, that can evoke anyone's idea of paradise. Pineapple, papaya, jackfruit, and guava. Banana, mango, passionfruit, and cherimoya. You don't have to go far to find such flavors in wine, which are no less pleasurable and evocative in the glass than they are on a plate, or better yet, dripping down your chin on a sunny day. Sometimes paradise is only a sip away.

Johanneshof Reinisch Rotgipfler, Thermenregion, Austria
Monastero Suore Cistercensi "Coenobium Rusticum" White Blend , Lazio, Latium, Italy
Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay, Margaret River, Australia
Calera Viognier, Mount Harlan, California, USA
Chateau Lafaurie-Peyrauguey Sauternes, Bordeaux, France
E. Guigal Condrieu, Rhone Valley, France

This is part of an ongoing series of original images and prose called The Essence of Wine

Lee Alderman wrote:
03.16.12 at 6:06 AM

I'm really enjoying this series on the Essence of Wine. What a great idea. As a person who loves wine but doesn't always pick up all of its subtle flavors and aromas, I am finding this very helpful.

10.18.14 at 2:12 AM

If you are going for finest contents like myself, only pay a
visit this website all the time because it offers feature contents, thanks

travail wrote:
10.18.14 at 9:38 AM

Howdy outstanding blog! Does running a blog similar to this take a great deal of work?
I've virtually no knowledge of coding but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
I know this is off subject but I simply needed to ask. Appreciate it!

10.19.14 at 2:16 PM

I blog often and I seriously appreciate your content.

Your article has truly peaked my interest. I will take a note of your site and keep checking for new details about once per week.
I opted in for your Feed too.

10.19.14 at 9:56 PM

Aw, this was a really nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce
a good article… but what can I say… I put
things off a lot and never manage to get anything done.

10.20.14 at 4:56 AM

This is a really good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.

Simple but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing
this one. A must read article!

10.20.14 at 3:04 PM

I would want to introduce myself to you, I am Onie with regards to love it's.
My wife and therefore i chose to live a life in Philadelphia.
To play handball is something he really enjoys creating. Dispatching is my
path.

10.21.14 at 10:39 AM

What's up to every single one, it's truly a pleasant for me to go to see this web page, it consists of priceless Information.

Vinography Images: Big Shadow Come Explore The Essence of Wine with Me in Healdsburg: October 30th, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 5, 2014 Another Idiotic California Law Screws Wineries Vinography Images: Vineyard Reflections The Fake Tongue Illusion and Wine Tasting 2014 Wine & Spirits Top 100 Tasting: October 21, San Francisco Cool Beauty: Tasting the Wines of the Western Sonoma Coast Vinography Images: Shaggy Companions 2014 Pinot on the River Tasting: October 26, Healdsburg