02.07.2013

2013 VinOlivo Celebration: February 15-16, Sonoma

Most people, when they come visit me in San Francisco and ask to be taken to wine country, assume that they're going to Napa. But at least half the time, that's definitely not where we end up.

My well-meaning friends aren't the only ones who seem to forget that Northern California has many different "wine countries." Napa casts a long shadow, as it were.

I've got a bit of love for every piece of wine country we've got here in California, but there'sVinolivo_noyear.jpg a special place in my heart for Sonoma County, both because it is the place of my birth, but also because I think sometimes it gets short shrift compared to its more famous neighbor.

So while it's a good idea for wine lovers to pay more attention to Sonoma in general, February is especially a good time thanks to an event that is known as VinOlivo, which celebrates the wines of the Sonoma Valley.

Sonoma Valley, though it provides the namesake for the whole county's wine region can sometimes be overshadowed by the concentration of attention and acclaim for some other sub regions nearby: the Russian River Valley, the Sonoma Coast, or Dry Creek Valley. But Sonoma Valley has always been the home of some truly remarkable wineries and their wines, and is worth even the most discerning wine lover's time and attention.

The weekend starts on Friday February 15th at 7:00 PM, with a grand tasting of wines from about 50 Sonoma Valley wineries. he party continues the next day (but not too early), with special tastings at wineries throughout the valley, and concludes with winemaker dinners in various cellars.

Find out everything you need to know on the event web site, including info about their online wine auction for charity.

8th Annual Sonoma Valley VinOlivo
Grand Tasting: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
February 15, 2013
The Lodge at Sonoma
1325 Broadway
Sonoma, CA 95476

Tickets for the grand tasting, which can be purchased online, are $75. Winemaker dinners will run you $85.

My usual tips for public tastings apply: get lots of sleep the night before; wear dark clothes to avoid red wine disasters; drink lots of water; make sure your belly is full; ladies (and gents) leave the cologne and perfume at home; and spit if you actually want to learn something.

10.18.14 at 3:13 AM

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend
your site, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

10.18.14 at 8:19 AM

In fact when someone doesn't understand afterward its up to other people that they
will help, so here it takes place.

10.19.14 at 3:22 AM

The Diabetes Protocol isn't really a wonder method to diabetic issues.
It will call for total determination to attain 100 % effective end products.
Incredibly, the suggestions of the method are quite user-friendly as well as aren't by any kind of methods demanding.
You just need full inspiration, emphasis, and also willpower to expect ideal
results.

Clarice wrote:
10.19.14 at 9:27 AM

Hi there! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I had to ask.

Does building a well-established website such as yours take
a large amount of work? I am completely new to running a blog but
I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience
and thoughts online. Please let me know if
you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
Appreciate it!

10.20.14 at 6:55 AM

It's very effortless to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found
this post at this site.

10.20.14 at 8:05 PM

It's in fact very difficult in this full of activity life
to listen news on Television, therefore I simply use web for that purpose, and take the hottest
news.

10.21.14 at 9:22 AM

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to ôreturn the favorö.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!I
suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

10.21.14 at 4:06 PM

The Diabetes Protocol isn't a wonder technique to diabetic issues.
It will certainly call for total decision to achieve 100 % reliable outcomes.
Remarkably, the recommendations of the procedure are very understandable and aren't by any type of methods
requiring. You just require complete motivation, emphasis,
and also discipline to prepare for excellent results.