03.18.2013

A Nice Way to Start the Week

James-Beard.jpgI've learned this morning that Vinography has been nominated for a James Beard Award, in the category of "Individual Food Blog." Yes, I know, this is hardly a food blog, but wine is food, right? While the category name doesn't include wine, the description, does, however, and I'm thrilled -- utterly thrilled -- to have been included.

My fellow nominees are at the top of their respective games when it comes to food. If you haven't heard of Cannelle et Vanille or Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook you should take a cruise on by their sites.

While this is a moment of celebration (yes, I'm doing a little happy dance here at my office, and generally being much more unproductive than usual) it's also an opportunity to give great thanks to you my readers, who have kept coming back here every day for many years to read and comment on my musings. You're much of the reason I keep this up day in and day out.

Now I just need to figure out whether I'm going to make the trek to New York in May to attend the ceremony. I'm leaning towards yes, but I think I might need to find something to wear.

Cross your fingers for me!

tom barras wrote:
03.18.13 at 3:36 PM

Congratulations! Nothing like peer group recognition for one's efforts! Keep up the good work, Alder.

03.18.13 at 4:41 PM

Congratulations! What an amazing honor. I'm looking forward to exploring your site.

Jane Clare wrote:
03.19.13 at 12:14 AM

Well done - I ready your blog regularly here in the UK

Oenodog wrote:
03.19.13 at 4:11 AM

Congratulations!

Duane Hoff wrote:
03.19.13 at 9:50 AM

Well deserved, Alder!

Your work has been remarkable not only for its quality, but also it's consistency and duration.

Thanks for illuminating the world of wine we all love.

Gary wrote:
03.23.13 at 9:35 PM

Congratulations! Definitely go.

Sean Spratt wrote:
03.24.13 at 11:19 PM

Congrats!

tom farella wrote:
03.25.13 at 12:35 PM

I guess I thought you had already bagged one by now. Congrats!

Tim McDonald wrote:
03.25.13 at 2:03 PM

Congratulations Alder and well deserved for all those well written contributions to the world of wine! Fingers remaining crossed! TMcD

04.21.14 at 10:27 PM

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog
and was wondering what all is needed to get set up?
I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks|

An American Perspective on (the Wine Scene in) Japan Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe, Chateauneuf-du-Pape: Current Releases Vinography Images: Rising Light Book Review: The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert The Beauty of 2011 Burgundy: Highlights from La Paulee de San Francisco Seven Percent Solution Tasting: May 8, San Francisco Vinography Images: Autumn Cellar Vinography Images: Vines and Sky Are You a Red, Pink or a Purple Wine Stater? 2014 TAPAS Iberian Varieties Tasting: April 27, San Francisco