There’s only about 24 hours left in the annual Menu For Hope charity raffle and we’ve just beaten last year’s fantastic results. That’s right, we’ve raised more than $62,000 for our friends in Lesotho! Thank you to everyone that has participated.
But wait, there’s more! Just to see if we can entice a few more of you to bid, or even bid again, we’re taking it to the next level.
Some of you might be aware that my friend Brett, who runs the blog In Praise of Sardines is a chef, and will be opening a restaurant named Contigo here in San Francisco in 2008. His prize donation this year for the raffle is a custom cooked dinner for eight at his home in Noe Valley (Prize code: UW17)
That’s a pretty darn good prize to begin with, as Brett is quite the cook, if I can speak from my own experience. But what would be better than a custom cooked dinner by Brett? A dinner that was followed by a custom dessert made by superstar pastry chef Shuna Lydon, who runs the blog Eggbeater. Shuna has been a pastry chef at the French Laundry and at Jardinière among other places, and is currently the pastry chef at the newly opened Sens here in San Francisco. I can also speak from experience that she can deliver in the dessert department.
But what would that dinner be without some good wine?
So, as a final addition to the pot, I am offering to serve as your sommelier for the evening. I will pull four or five wines from my personal cellar to pair specifically with each dish made by Brett and the dessert made by Shuna.
So what are you waiting for? A private four-course dinner for you and seven friends, cooked by a professional chef and pastry chef and paired with some kick-ass wines from my collection. And it could be yours for just TEN BUCKS!
All you need is the prize code (UW17) and the instructions below. I hope to pour you some wine in 2008!
HOW TO ENTER:
If you’re interested in buying into the raffle, here’s what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. Example:
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!