05.26.2006

Vinography in San Francisco Magazine

San Francisco. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Or rather, let San Francisco Magazine count the ways. This month's issue of the newly redesigned city glossypages is all about wine. More specifically it's about how San Francisco, perhaps more than any other major urban center in the world is a fantastic place for wine lovers. From wine bars to wine events, from fantastic wine lists to myriad services for collectors and newbies alike, you just can't get any better than San Francisco when it comes to wine.

This month's issue also happens to feature a profile of Vinography and yours truly. I'm not sure whether I qualify as "local oddity" or "small time wine celebrity" or "find-something-to-fill-these-pages material," but I'm happy and honored to be included in the panoply of wine personalities and the overall landscape of the San Francisco wine scene.

And in case any of you really wanted to know what wine blogging looks like, they've even included a snazzy photo (see below).

Isn't it glamorous? Notice how all the other customers have gradually moved away from the geek with the laptop and glass of wine? I get wine on myself more than I'd like to admit, but honestly, in my excitement I've only splashed wine on one or two random strangers, ever....

In any case, thanks San Francisco. For being the best place I could possibly imagine to live as a wine lover and as a blogger. Cheers !

sfmag_wine_cover.jpg liberty_and_me.jpg

05.26.06 at 8:41 PM

And all this time I thought you went to San Francisco for the coffee........

Very cool, congrats.

Iris wrote:
05.27.06 at 12:27 AM

At least nobody could say that you taste your wines in a distracting environment - very sober! - Congratulations.

Nerissa wrote:
05.27.06 at 8:19 PM

Hi Alder,
I didn't know you were such a "cyberstar."
congrats!
--nerissa

Justin wrote:
05.28.06 at 12:19 AM

Alder,
Unfortunately, I cannot find a previous post you made about Wine groups in the Bay Area - more specifically San Francisco. Nonetheless, I am trying to find a group of like minded individuals to taste and talk wine. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jean-Louis wrote:
05.28.06 at 1:03 PM

Wine Blogging Illustrated. Now we know.
Hope the magazine bought you a round.

Tana wrote:
05.28.06 at 3:22 PM

Congratulations, Señor!

05.28.06 at 4:59 PM

Justin,

I'm not sure what post you're referring to, as I've never done a rundown of tasting groups.

The best way to find tasting related events or groups that meet on a regular basis which are open to the public is to check out www.localwineevents.com.

Other than that, I suggest starting your own !!

05.28.06 at 5:15 PM

Thanks Nerissa. Neither did I !?

05.29.06 at 11:03 AM

From Chile and Argentina a hug my friend, and congratulations.

The Corkdork wrote:
06.04.06 at 12:15 PM

My God! You're a wine-blogging Stud! Even a picture!
I just posted a ton of links from that issue on the Corkdork.

Jocelyn wrote:
06.09.06 at 1:30 PM

Congrats on the SF Mag kudo. And the photo is precious!

Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 7, 2014 Vinography Images: The Berry 2014 West Sonoma Coast Wine Festival: August 2-3, Sebastopol, CA Drew Wines, Mendocino, CA: Recent Releases Vinography Images: Pocket of Sun Vinography Unboxed: Week of June 29, 2014 Vinography Unboxed: Week of June 22, 2014 Vinography Images: Spring Pastels Blaufränkisch is Best Before Breakfast Austria: The Wine Lover's Dream Destination