09.20.2007

Vinography Images: Group of Trees in the Fog

Group of Trees in the Fog

"This image was taken in Sonoma county, near the town of Healdsburg. Nearby, the Russian River acts like a siphon for the fog on the coast, which creeps up the river valley and eventually spills over the hills providing a fantastic atmosphere for the vineyards." -- Michael Regnier

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download this image by right-clicking (Mac users, click and hold) on the image and selecting "save link as" or "save target as" and then select the desired location on your computer to save the image. Mac users can also just click the image and drag it to your desktop.

To set the image as your desktop wallpaper, Mac users should follow these instructions, while PC users should follow these.

PRINTS:
If you are interested in owning an archive quality print of this image, or any of the other vineyard images featured here on Vinography, you can purchase one on the Michael Regnier Photography web site for $85.

ABOUT VINOGRAPHY IMAGES:
Every Thursday, Vinography features a new image from photographer Michael Regnier for readers' personal use as desktop backgrounds or screen savers. We hope you enjoy them. Please respect the copyright on these images.

Steve wrote:
09.21.07 at 11:31 AM

Beautiful picture. One thing I would add re: the Russian River acting like a siphon. When I was writing my 2005 book, "A Wine Journey along the Russian River," I was told by many winemakers, growers and scientists that it's not the River itself that acts as a siphon, rather it's the pattern of hills and valleys. i.e. the fog pattern would be the same even if there were no River. I still think that the River plays a part, though. All you have to do on any given day in Alexander Valley is see the way the fog hovers right over the water.

rt wrote:
09.21.07 at 12:40 PM

This is a beautiful scene.

I have to say, though, that I'd love to see this photograph presented without the paintbrush effect.

09.22.07 at 12:14 PM

Steve,

Well, I guess that's technically true, but isn't it also true that it was the river that created the valley in the first place?

Steve wrote:
09.22.07 at 1:24 PM

No, I don't think so. The valley was created by plate tectonics and related activity. It's not a river valley like, say, the Grand Canyon was carved by the Colorado River. Once the Alexander Valley existed, with a slight tilt southward, the water pouring out from the Mendocino Highlands could form into a river, the Russian.

Sammy wrote:
08.22.14 at 8:18 PM

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your
blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more
often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Excellent work!

08.23.14 at 10:59 AM

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just
sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your
blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing.
Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.

Myra wrote:
08.24.14 at 9:01 AM

The obtain duration approximately depends on the pace of your internet connection. You may be considering fifty
six million to one hundred million is a big gap to fill. Ashley assumed they would ride house with each other.

08.24.14 at 12:09 PM

If you mess up subsequent these directions, simply hit the "Back" button and try once more.
There will be a "credits" concept that will appear in the house screen and you just have to disregard it.

Katja wrote:
08.25.14 at 2:03 PM

Ahaa, its nice discussion concerning this piece
of writing here at this webpage, I have read
all that, so at this time me also commenting at this place.

Sophia wrote:
08.27.14 at 6:37 AM

On the left hand side pane your gadget will be listed (Since
you saved SHSH blobs). All in all in order to make device
function correctly installation should be right.
By doing so your phone becomes a mini computer.

Athena wrote:
08.28.14 at 3:06 AM

Anchor text ar putea fi textul pe care îl utiliza?i pe alte site-uri
pentru a lega înapoi , din nou, la blog-ul sau blog-ul dvs.
de articole .

08.28.14 at 7:06 AM

Appreciation to my father who stated to me regarding this web
site, this webpage is really amazing.

08.29.14 at 2:30 AM

That you do not have to feel desperate with slow Windows XP any longer!
That is all-in the constraints of the good house with a white picket fence.
No body understands their company much better than you.

08.29.14 at 12:19 PM

Normally, when you sell a junk car as early as possible,
it yields more profit than it would by selling it when it is a complete wreck.

Competitive prices are always paid by this recycler.
There are many places in Toronto where you get
scrap cars for cash.

08.29.14 at 6:10 PM

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just
wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through
your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with
the same topics? Many thanks!

stan.to wrote:
08.30.14 at 3:27 AM

Itis like it's social media PLUS individual pleasure during those downtime instances.

Since you know the individual variations between the two, you may take a phone yourself.

jump2now.com wrote:
08.30.14 at 11:29 AM

This comes from the truth that Apple being what it is desire you
to recover simply to current firmware version.

blogspot.ch wrote:
08.30.14 at 4:14 PM

You'll begin a fresh thought-process which leads to good thinking.

They ought to likewise have an adjustable shoulder bag so you are comfortable carrying
them around. No means exhausties this list.

08.31.14 at 5:23 AM

There's an element of danger involved if you try to put an interior mod chip.

So its better, to get the respected software.

Gus wrote:
08.31.14 at 7:54 AM

In 25 days, Microsoft shifted 2.5 million units according to a pr release earlier this week.
Actually, if you have an iPad to Computer Transfer System, it will not a problem for you
from now on.