11.30.2008

Wine Twitters by Vinography

I'm an odd combination of early adopter and time starved executive. This means that I tend to know about and explore most Internet technologies as they hit the streets (and sometimes before) but I can't be bothered to really dive into them until I see a compelling reason to justify the time and effort of doing so, and more importantly until I know I have the bandwidth to use them effectively. Add to that the healthy skepticism gained from twitter_logo_s.pngusing the Internet since 1988 and living and working through the epicenter of the dot.com bust of 2000 and I'm quite cautious about where I invest my time online.

All of which explains why I'm not a member of any one of the various wine social networks, why my posts on various wine bulletin boards are still in the single digits, and why I'm only just now starting to use Twitter.

But after watching from the sidelines for a while, I have decided that Twitter is interesting enough, has critical mass, and offers me an opportunity that complements what I'm doing here on Vinography.

I'll be using it a little bit like most people use it, to post notes about what I'm up to, but they will be confined to the wine and food aspects of my life (no updates about changing the 11th diaper of the day -- you can see that on Facebook if you want). But more importantly, I'm going to use it to both broadcast my posts here on Vinography and write small snippets of stuff that wouldn't merit an individual post, but might be of interest to wired wine lovers like yourselves.

So believe me, I completely understand if the last thing you want to do is start consuming tweets, but if you're already doing so, here's one more for you to try.

Check out Vinography on Twitter.

Grant wrote:
12.01.08 at 5:58 AM

I'm still not up to speed with Twitter, but your post made me jump on and check it out. Seems like I need to get with the program...can you loan me some of your spare time :-)

Cheers

Arthur wrote:
12.01.08 at 8:34 AM

I recommend twitterfeed.com to simplify things

12.01.08 at 10:24 AM

Hi Alder,

I've been using twitter for awhile now. Been very useful for my day-job running a tech marketing consulting firm in Silicon Valley. I haven't found it to be as useful for my night job assisting at Savvy Cellar. Will follow you - let me know how it works out for you.

Regards,
Brent Harrison

12.01.08 at 10:56 AM

Alder

I started using Twitter only 2 or 3 months ago. Now following you there.

Serge
'The French Guy from New Jersey'

Tim Elliott wrote:
12.01.08 at 3:36 PM

Alder,

Glad to see you picked Twitter and not Pownce ;-)

Seriously, welcome to the wine Twitter community. I'm looking forward to your contributions and innovations with the medium...

Katie wrote:
12.02.08 at 6:45 AM

Welcome to the Twitter community, Alder...glad to have you as part of the mayhem!!

Dylan wrote:
12.02.08 at 11:58 AM

Alder, I'll be sure to follow you. I just got back to my computer today. Reluctantly, I signed up with the same skepticism about 6 months ago, but it has been fun learning how to be communicate within the 140 character limit.

Steve wrote:
09.24.11 at 11:16 PM

There are lots of people tweeting about wine on Twitter. It's a great place to network.

08.27.14 at 2:45 AM

Knowing the requirements and the choices you will have to make will give you a head start prior to enrolling in your certificate program.
You probably didn't know, but the American Red Cross has provided nursing assistant training classes for more than two decades.
Phlebotomists can work at hospitals, plasma centers, blood labs and doctor's
offices.

Earthquake Rattles Napa Harvest NIMBY Versus Vineyard in Malibu Vinography Images: Precious Droplets MORIC: The Apogee of Blaufränkisch 2014 Sonoma Wine Country Weekend: August 29-31, Healdsburg, CA The (Still) Dismal State of California Chardonnay What a Way to Go: Wine At the End of Your Life Vinography Images: Into the Tank 72 Pinot Noirs on a Sunny Afternoon: Tasting at IPNC 2014 The Great White South: An Introduction to Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc