04.07.2010

What The World Needs: The Wine Purse

I love the Internets. Why? Because they bring me things like this:

winepurse.jpg

The above image was attached to a random Tweet from someone I've never heard of that I managed to snatch out of the ether when I saw the sentence "I'm totally getting me one of these here wine purses." To which I could only say, "AMEN!"

What a concept! Sure, they could make the spout tuck conveniently away somewhere, and they've totally missed out on the buckle trend that's hot right now, but this is definitely a marvel of fashion and function nonetheless. And if it has some nice little inner pockets for those small frozen cold packs (plus enough room for a phone, a compact, a wallet, and a tube of lipstick) I call it genius.

I wonder if it comes in suede?

Jake wrote:
04.08.10 at 5:43 AM

This would be very practical for sporting events. Just needs an interior pocket for foldable stemware or plastic cups. And perhaps availability in team colors...

Cybercellar wrote:
04.08.10 at 6:57 AM

Where do the glasses fit? Cool idea :)

Brad T. wrote:
04.08.10 at 9:51 AM

And how quickly would the European shoulder bag, finally, become popular with American men?

amy wrote:
04.08.10 at 10:03 AM

I feel the design might lead to a broken spout and wine everywhere. But, solid idea.

sherri thoma troutman wrote:
04.09.10 at 6:36 AM

this is awesome - but who sells it? I want to buy one!

sherri thoma troutman wrote:
04.09.10 at 6:37 AM

this is awesome. who sells this? I want to buy one!

Warren wrote:
04.11.10 at 9:40 PM

To those who are alarmed at the absence of space for glasses, please relax. This bag is not designed for people like you.

It is designed for those who will drink direct from the spout.

china quinn wrote:
04.12.10 at 8:23 AM

Perfect!! Where form meets function!

Laura wrote:
04.12.10 at 2:00 PM

Very chic...now THAT'S an accessory I can appreciate. But do you think it comes in any other colors? :)

Alder Yarrow wrote:
04.16.10 at 8:57 AM

A-ha ! I discovered where this product came from. And even how to order it. Looks like it's simply a cover for your standard bag-in-box wine.

2014 Family Winemakers Tasting: August 17, San Mateo Will Climate Change be the Death of Cork? The King of Zweigelt: The Wines of Umathum, Burgenland Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 14, 2014 Vinography Images: Solar Powered Dot Wine and the Fear of Change Annual Napa Wine Library Tasting: August 10, Napa Vinography Unboxed: Week of July 7, 2014 Vinography Images: The Berry 2014 West Sonoma Coast Wine Festival: August 2-3, Sebastopol, CA