09.23.2011

Hitler as California Cult Winery Owner

What if Hitler was a California Cult Winery Owner?

The use of a particular sequence from the 2004 movie Der Untergang for comic effect by switching out the subtitles has a long history on the internet. I first saw it several years ago in (what is still my favorite) brilliant version about Burning Man. But it's been used for everything under the sun.

It was only a matter of time before Hitler took a trip to Napa Valley (warning, adult language included):

Can't remember what tweet I saw first about this, but obviously, I'm not the first to discover it, and owe my discovery to someone else. Thanks, whoever you were!

John wrote:
09.23.11 at 12:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mel Knox wrote:
09.23.11 at 3:48 PM

Never having seen the other parodies I laughed until parts of my lung were coming up.

There is a reasonI avoid this sort of thing: once I stop there is no stopping.

Jim wrote:
09.24.11 at 5:48 PM

New oak! Ha!

William wrote:
09.25.11 at 2:55 PM

Hahahah! Hitler REALLY hates Parker! "How are we going to sell this $#%& Now?!" Thanks for the laughs!!

09.25.11 at 2:57 PM

great stuff Alder.. check out the Mel Gibson rants on the Daily Beast website.. bent over laughing on the Hitler one and the Dora Explorer... also on www.youtube.com check out neo lebowski.. the dude meets neo from the matrix..lol!!

tom farella wrote:
09.26.11 at 10:34 AM

brilliant. insightful.

Mel, hope your lung gets better.

rs wrote:
09.26.11 at 10:37 AM

Wonderful! Will send this to all my wine-loving friends.

Mel Knox wrote:
09.29.11 at 3:33 PM

1/Tom, my lungs are much better and now I am hoping to do something about my stomach.

2/Now that Galloni has reviewed California wines for The Wine advocate, what do people think??

tom farella wrote:
09.29.11 at 4:28 PM

Hmm. People think? I thought we just react.
Good question, Mel. In the province of Napa, I haven't heard anything yet, actually. The explosion of reactions will come on or about November 15th (or whenever the "Napa issue" comes out.) Better lube up your keyboards!

Mel Knox wrote:
09.30.11 at 6:50 PM

A friend of mine who works a lot in the Central Coast think he might have a high threshold for VA, to judge by some of his scores.
I just find lumping everything from Ridge, Mt Eden, Rhys, all the way down to Ojai and Sine Qua Non, not to mention Paso and Monterey County,....a bit much

Lisa Mattson wrote:
10.19.11 at 10:19 AM

The guys who made that video said they didn't see the previous one released a couple weeks before. I guess everyone just has Antonio Galloni and the new Parker era on the brain. I found both of the Hilter reacts videos amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6YWVGXYmAg

????? wrote:
04.08.14 at 10:27 AM

I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its really really nice piece of writing on building
up new webpage.

???????? wrote:
04.08.14 at 1:46 PM

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for
comedy

??????? wrote:
04.18.14 at 5:46 PM

Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your website in Ie, it looks fine but when
opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other
then that, fantastic blog!

Book Review: The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert The Beauty of 2011 Burgundy: Highlights from La Paulee de San Francisco Seven Percent Solution Tasting: May 8, San Francisco Vinography Images: Autumn Cellar Vinography Images: Vines and Sky Are You a Red, Pink or a Purple Wine Stater? 2014 TAPAS Iberian Varieties Tasting: April 27, San Francisco Taste Washington Day One in Brief Vinography Images: Trailing Vine Checking On Some Older CA Pinot Noir