01.04.2007

Respectfully Asking for Your Vote

i_voted.jpgWell readers, it's that time of year. The closest the wine and food blogging world gets to Oscar season. Today marks the launch of the 2006 Food Blogging Awards, and Vinography has been graciously nominated as a finalist in the Best Blog about Drinks category. The voting has started and I'd love it if you would show your appreciation for Vinography by heading over to the site and casting a vote.

While you're there, I strongly encourage you to vote for the other categories, or at the very least, explore them to learn about some incredibly high quality blogs that exist out there for those who love to eat (and drink).

Thank you so much for your continued readership and your support.

01.04.07 at 10:48 PM

Fortunately, I voted for your candidature before you graciously asked for. I hope you win: I honestly think that you deserve to receive the prize. But I respectfully wish to comment too that the wine or food blogs written in Spanish from Spain or Center- and SouthAmerica (even with English translations available!) are absolutely transparent to English readers. We and you have a "problem" to resolve!
All the best for your candidature, Alder.
Joan

Winediva wrote:
01.05.07 at 10:08 AM

I voted 4 ya! Best of luck to you!

Happy New Year and best wishes for continued success in 07.

Diva

RyanF wrote:
01.05.07 at 1:43 PM

Its looking good for you and Vinography Alder. Just voted and it seems you have a commanding lead.

Carter wrote:
01.06.07 at 7:36 AM

Hi Alder, Thanks for the heads up about the vote. Done and you got my vote. It was easy because I had listed you as one of the best bloggers in a post I had written a few weeks ago:

www.foodnotebook.com/blog/2006/12/dear_who_are_the_best_food_blo.html

Looks like you're doing well so far! Best of luck.

brett wrote:
01.06.07 at 7:45 PM

glad to see you're firmly in the lead. I perused the other sites and they strike me as easily, and laughably, ignored.

Jim wrote:
01.07.07 at 5:43 PM

Alder,

Best of luck. Just voted for you. You deserve to win this award! Your writing draws a reader into the fascinating world of wine that very few others approach.

Keep up the good work!

01.07.07 at 9:21 PM

Brett,

I'm grateful for your support. In some defense of my fellow candidates, I don't think they're quite so dismissable. They all work quite hard and deserve recognition for that fact alone, and some of them produce excellent content.

Les wrote:
01.08.07 at 9:14 AM

You've got my vote.

Neil Monnens wrote:
01.08.07 at 9:17 AM

Good Luck Alder!

01.08.07 at 1:00 PM

You got my vote. Happy drinking in 2007 Cheers

Vinography Images: Rising Light Book Review: The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert The Beauty of 2011 Burgundy: Highlights from La Paulee de San Francisco Seven Percent Solution Tasting: May 8, San Francisco Vinography Images: Autumn Cellar Vinography Images: Vines and Sky Are You a Red, Pink or a Purple Wine Stater? 2014 TAPAS Iberian Varieties Tasting: April 27, San Francisco Taste Washington Day One in Brief Vinography Images: Trailing Vine